Galaxy 10 Meter Base Radio DX2517 $479.95
The Galaxy DX 2517 Base Radio replaces the DX 11B. it is the first model using the next generation main board. Advantages include Increased frequency stability for improved sideband operation; Increased sensitivity on both AM and SSB; and Uses Conventional parts (instead of surface mount parts) for ease of service.
With 10 Watts on the AM/FM (Amplitude Modulation/Frequency Modulation) and 25 Watts on the SSB (Single Side Band), Galaxy's DX2517 is a step ahead of the DX11B and is covered by Galaxy's Two Year Parts and Labor Warranty. See Introduction to Galaxy 10 Meter Radios for 10 Meter Radio Comparison Chart.
DX2517 User Manual
Note: There is a 4 to 1 ratio of Peak power to dead key power at 100% modulation. i.e.. a 10 Watt radio will have a peak power of 40 watts at 100% modulation. You can get a bigger boost by over modulating, but the signal may start to distort. Is the DX2517 a 50 watt peak radio? RoadTrucker recommends using the bird meter, which has a good reputation for accuracy to prove it.
More features of the Galaxy 10 Meter Radio DX2517 Base:
- 10 Watts Maximum Power Output - AM/FM
- 25 Watts Maximum Power Output - SSB
- New main PC board for increased stability and sensitivity
- Five digit frequency counter
- Two large, easy-to-read Meters
- RF Output Power/Antenna SWR Meter: This meter operates during transmit only. It reads power output or SWR.
- Signal/Modulation Meter: This meter indicates signal strength of incoming signals during receive and your percentage of modulation when transmitting in the AM.
- Meter Scales for Signal, Power Output, SWR and Modulation (AM only)
- Noise Filter circuit for increased signal-to-noise ratio
- "On-Demand" Switchable Talk Back circuit with Volume Control
- +10 KHz Switch
- Noise Blanker/Automatic Noise Limiter
- Roger Beep
- Variable Output Power
- 1.5 KHz Clarifier for Receive only
- 5.0 KHz Clarifier for Receive and Transmit
- Mic Gain
- Receive Gain
- Variable dimmer control
- Red/Green Transmit/Receive LED
- SSB in addition to AM/FM/CW/PA
- PA includes Echo
- Dimensions: 19"W x 6-1/2"H x 14"D (with handles); 16-1/2"W x 6-1/2"H x 13-1/4"D (handles removed)
- Weight -- 21 pounds (Shipping weight -- 29 pounds)
- TWO YEAR Limited Parts and Labor Warranty
Please Note: There are No Returns or Exchanges on Galaxy 10 Meter Radios by RoadTrucker® or RoadPro. You Must Contact Galaxy Directly as they warranty their 10 meter radios for 2 full Years.
Check Out RoadTrucker's Product Catalog.