Galaxy's Flag Ship 10 Meter Radio - AMAZING NEW Powerful DX-98VHP? $469.95
Galaxy 's Very Powerful 10 Meter DX-98VHP Radio is a Sideband rig with a frequency counter and 8 MOSFET finals. That means Power and Lots of It, with 50 Watts on the AM/FM (Amplitude Modulation/Frequency Modulation) and 150 Watts on the SSB (Single Side Band). And that's right out of the box. Want to be Top Dog? Galaxy's DX-98VHP is a Very Serious Leap above the other 10 Meter Radios for the Professional driver. Covered by Galaxy's Two Year Parts and Labor Warranty. See Introduction to Galaxy 10 Meter Radios for 10 Meter Radio Comparison Chart.
The Galaxy Dx98VHP 10 meter radio features AM/SSB, frequency counter, variable talk back, variable power, blue LED's, echo and side mic jack.
Feature Packed Galaxy
Click Photo For Large Up Close View
DX98VHP User Manual
Note: There is a 4 to 1 ratio of Peak power to dead key power at 100% modulation. i.e.. a 10 Watt radio will have a peak power of 40 watts at 100% modulation. You can get a bigger boost by over modulating, but the signal may start to distort. Is the DX98VHP a 200 watt peak radio? RoadTrucker recommends using the bird meter, which has a good reputation for accuracy to prove it.
More features of the Very Powerful Galaxy 10 Meter Radio DX-98VHP:
- A High-Performance output circuit that uses two Toshiba 2SC2290 power transistors to generate 50 watts for AM/FM and 150 watts for SSB operation.
- Chassis use a Solid Aluminum Finned Rear Section as a Heat sink
- Additional heat sink on the bottom of the radio with an internal Micro Cooling Fan increases the radio height from 2.5 to 3 inches
- New "StarLite" faceplate is matte black with all lettering backlit in green and blue
- Retro-look red modulation lamp flickers like the old neon lamps of the Fifties and Sixties
- Galaxy's Exclusive "SuperSlider" circuit Maximizes Frequency Control by switching the Fine clarifier between Receive/Transmit and Receive Only operation or completely out of the circuit with one slide switch. The Coarse clarifier operates on both receive and transmit unless the SuperSlider switch is off. When switched off, both clarifiers are out of the circuit.
- Switchable sixth digit provides five or six digit frequency display
- Variable power output control
- Red channel and frequency digits
- Large, Easy-To-Read meter with 4 scales:
- "S" meter indicates up to 60dB over S9
- Modulation percentage scale for use on AM
- Calibrated power scale
- SWR scale
- Automatic SWR circuit (No Complicated Calibration procedure required)
- LED's light red to Warn of High SWR
- Echo with dual controls
- Variable dimmer control pot
- On/Off switch for frequency display
- Roger Beep circuit
- Talkback circuit with On/Off switch and volume control
- Meter glows red during transmit
- NB/ANL circuit
- Front Mic Jack
- Heavy duty DC power cord
- TWO YEAR Limited Parts and Labor Warranty
Strange and Unusual Features of the DX-98VHP 50 Watt Galaxy 10 Meter Radio:
- The echo has internal controls only. It is our famous dual control echo circuit without any controls on the front panel. The On/Off switch is there, but to adjust the echo sound, the bottom cover must be removed. Locate the rectangular metal box containing the echo board. Do not open this box. Use a small plastic tuning tool to gently adjust the trimmer pots inside the holes marked "ECHO" and "TIME." These pots are somewhat fragile so it is best not to use a metal screwdriver.
- A single slide switch controls both the Echo and the Roger Beep. They can both be off, but they cannot both be on at the same time.
- There is no receive gain pot. A 40dB attenuator switch takes its place.
Please Note: There are No Returns or Exchanges on Galaxy 10 Meter Radios by RoadTrucker® or RoadPro. You Must Contact Galaxy Directly as they warranty their 10 meter radios for 2 full Years.
Check Out RoadTrucker's Product Catalog.