10 Meter Mobile Transceiver Built in Frequency Counter
- DX55HP 10 Meter Radio
- 10 Watts Maximum Power Output
- AM (AM/FM, HIGH 10 watts, LOW 2 watts)
- Meter glows Red during Transmit
- DX55F 10 Meter Radio (New for 2017)
- Mid-size chassis (7.25" wide)
- Built-in Frequency Counter
- Dual MOSFET Finals - 40+ watts
Large Easy to Read Meter 10 Meter Mobile Radio
DX55HP 10 Watt Galaxy 10 Meter Radio has the same power as Galaxy's DX44V with More Features like the Large Meter with Scales for Signal Strength and Power Output. Another added feature is the Large Frequency Counter, so no need for wiring in an external meter.
The DX55HP is covered by Galaxy's Two Year Parts and Labor Warranty.
The Galaxy 10 Meter Radio DX55F will fit those tight overhead compartments in big trucks designed for a Cobra 29/Galaxy DX 929. New Mid-size chassis (7.25" wide) 10 meter radio for 2017 with built in frequency counter.
Note: There is approximately a 4 to 1 ratio of Peak power to dead key power at 100% modulation. i.e.. a 10 Watt radio will have a peak power of 40 watts at 100% modulation. You can get a bigger boost by over modulating, but the signal may start to distort. Is the DX55HP a 50 watt peak radio? RoadTrucker recommends using the bird meter, which has a good reputation for accuracy to verify it.
Please Note: There are No Returns or Exchanges on Galaxy 10 Meter Radios by RoadTrucker® or the Distributor. You Must Contact Galaxy Directly as they warranty their 10 meter radios for 2 full Years.
See Galaxy 10 Meter Radio Comparison Chart
Features of the Galaxy DX55HP 10 Meter Radio:
- Frequency Display
- Large, Easy-To-Read meter with 4 scales:
- "S" meter indicates up to 60dB over S9
- Modulation Percentage Scale for use on AM
- Calibrated Power Scale
- SWR Scale
- Dual IRF520 MOSFET Finals
- 50 Watts Peak Power
- Variable Power Output
- Side Mic Jack (Think about the mounting)
- PA/External Speaker Jack
- Blue Lighting
- Noise Blanker
- Automatic Noise Limiter
- Mic and RF Gain
- 5.0 KHz Clarifier for Receive and Transmit
- +10 KHz Switch
- Variable Dimmer Control
- Roger Beep
- Two Year Warranty
- Size:7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-3/8" H
Specifications of the Galaxy DX55F 10 Meter Radio:
- Channels: 40 CH
- Frequency Range: 28.765 ~ 29.205 MHz
- Frequency Control: Phase Lock Loop (PLL) synthesizer
- Frequency Tolerance: 0.005%
- Frequency Stability: 0.001%
- Operating Temperature Range: -30°C to +50 °C
- Microphone: Plug-in dynamic; with push-to-talk switch and coiled cord
- Input Voltage: 13.8V DC nominal, 15.9V max, 11.7V min
- (Positive or Negative Ground).
- Transmit: AM full mod., 5 A.
- Receiver: Squelched, 0.3A.
- Maximum Audio Input: 0.7 A
- Size: 7 1/4" W x 9" D x 2 1/4" H
- Weight: 3.615 lbs
- Antenna Connector: UHF, SO239
- Meter (3-in-1): Illuminated; indicates relative output power, received signal strength, and SWR
- Power Output Modulation: AM: High 10 watts, LOW 2 watts High and Low level Class B, Amplitude Modulation: AM
- Spurious Emissions: 60 dB
- Frequency Response: AM: 450 to 2500 Hz.
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms, unbalanced
- Output Indicators: Meter shows relative RF output power and SWR. Transmit LED glows red when transmitter is in operation.
- Sensitivity: AM: 1.0 µV for 10 dB (S+N)/N at greater than 1/2 -watt of audio output
- Selectivity: AM: 6 dB 50 dB
- Image Rejection: More than 65 dB
- IF Frequency: AM: 10.695 MHz 1st IF, 455 KHz 2nd IF
- Adjacent-Channel Rejection: 60 dB AM
- RF Gain Control: 45 dB adjustable for optimum signal reception
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC): Less than 10 dB change in audio output for inpust from 10 to 100,000 microvolts.
- ANL: Switchable
- Noise Blanker: RF Type
- Audio Output Power: 4 watts into 8 ohms
- Frequency Response: 300 to 2800 Hz
- Built-in Speaker: 8 ohms, round
- External Speaker (not supplied): 8 ohms; disables internal speaker when connected