Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: My journey with Status Transportation

My journey with Status Transportation

Any owner operator truck driver would agree with me that getting a trucking company that understands our business and knows exactly what we need is very difficult. More soever, when we literally have hundreds of trucking companies, we are often faced with the challenge of knowing which trucking company should be home to our trucking business.

Well, as truck drivers, we do not have to worry anymore. It was not until I had an experience with Status Transportation that I felt a peace of mind for the first time. I have to admit that this is one of the companies that have completely redefined the trucking industry by breathing a new breath of fresh air into the industry. I am quite happy by the quality of service that the company has to offer and to be honest, the standards that they have set have proved to be too high for other trucking companies to measure up to and that is why I am convinced that this is the place that any owner operator should call home. This thread is just a small way to say thanks to the Status transportation team.

The reason why I am convinced of my sentiments. Well, when I was given a call by Status Transportation, I was received as if one of their own and that helped me settle in quickly. The orientation was warm and the fact that they assigned me an operations coordinator to support me made my business pick up quickly as this assured that I got work all year round and for the best rates in the market. And the fact that the company is a non-forced dispatch company, I was guaranteed of the freedom that I needed to run my business. I couldn’t have asked for a better place. Which all are others which made you feel the same?

I couldn’t agree more or less with you. Many are the times that Trucking companies often take advantage of truck drivers and manipulate them in such a manner that they have not been able to develop their business to levels that they would so desire. Personally, I have not worked with Status Transportation but a buddie of mine who just bought his semi-truck the other year is now running a booming owner operator business after being hired by the company and I am devoid of any doubt that he made the right decision to join that company.

I don't know man there are so many places that look okay at the beginning, but it's more important that they continue to be ok after a few months. They seem to be in business for several years now.

I know what you mean but a tad over a year ago after checking out a couple of places I decided Status Transportation was a good fit for me. Like you said there are other places that only care about their business, fortunately, I found them and I have been very happy with this company. My dispatcher and I hit a couple of rough patches at the beginning but I understand it's all part of the learning curve. I wouldn't trade the guy now, he knows the areas I prefer and the places I don't like to go and now I am making good money. I brought my other friend over, he has a different dispatcher but seems to be doing ok too.

For one reason or another, I tend to agree with you. There are very many trucking companies that have flooded the market and we as owner operators often find it very hard to get the place to call home. Status Transportation has proved to be the ideal trucking company that I can rely on and my 3.5 yrs relationship with them has been very blissful. Especially being a non-dispatch company, it has given me the freedom that I need to run my business without any pressure whatsoever and this is something that not many companies will offer

Most trucking companies, as I have come to learn, will always want to benefit from owner operators in one way or another even if they will seem to make you the beneficiary. However, in as much as they want to benefit from you too, it is important that you go for a company that will have your best interests at heart so that it can be a win – win situation for both parties an if Status Transportation has proved to be this company, why not go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrister View Post
    I am not so sure why you are calling Status Transportation, “the new place to call home” and I think we all know that there is no tucking company in the United States and Canada as well. We as owner operated truck drivers should not be too naïve to say that a certain company is the best among those at your disposal. I have come to learn that all companies are the same. At the initial stages, all things usually seem so nice until you get to stay there for quite some time then you realize that it was not the heaven that you thought it would be.
    the way you are speaking, I can easily conclude that your owner operator trucking business has not been successful and every effort that you have put into place to get the right place for your business has turned futile. Well, you cannot just say that there is no good owner operated trucking company and you have not even tried Status Transportation. Try it today and maybe…just maybe…your story and perception could change.

Cute trick to add your spam link in the period of someone else's post. You spammers are all the same. You never know when to quit. You don't get it, do you? All links are automatically turned into nofollow. Admin
    Last edited by Admin; 08-28-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    I tend to get suspicious, that there are ulterior motives at play when people sign up for a forum and immediately go overboard on praises for a website or company. I would like to see full disclosure. So how about it? Who is willing to fully disclose, who they are and if they are a trucker. Have they actually worked and drawn a paycheck from Status Transportation. And if not, what is their true relationship to Status Transportation?

I have banned FelixCotton for spamming. Her last post was deceitful. She reposted TonyBrister's post, as if to reply to it and changed the period at the end of one of his sentences to her link to an advertising webpage for Status, that played on the name March Of Dimes. Very dishonest.

I also deleted TonyBrister's spam post and added his German IP to the Spam-o-Matic Database. I am watching 1 other user who I suspect is a spammer for Status. Lets see if they are smart enough to quit while thy are ahead. Admin
    Last edited by Admin; 08-29-2016 at 10:39 PM.
    RoadTrucker Inc
    Products for Trucking and Driving Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie85 View Post
    I know what you mean but a tad over a year ago after checking out a couple of places I decided Status Transportation was a good fit for me. Like you said there are other places that only care about their business, fortunately, I found them and I have been very happy with this company. My dispatcher and I hit a couple of rough patches at the beginning but I understand it's all part of the learning curve. I wouldn't trade the guy now, he knows the areas I prefer and the places I don't like to go and now I am making good money. I brought my other friend over, he has a different dispatcher but seems to be doing ok too.
    I think it would be a little bit unwise to write off other trucking companies in the market and claim that they are not as good as Status Transportation. There are very many good transportation companies, others with a much better track record on their dealings with owner operators. So you should always be open minded and liberal in trying out new ideas in the future and not just sticking with only one company.

Sometimes when you are pitching for transportation companies, there is a whole lot more of things that you should consider apart from things are carried out at the company. One of the important things that you should be able to look at is the financials of the company. You cannot afford to overlook this because it could prove to be very significant for the future of your business. Am not saying that other things are not important, but from my point of view, this one holds water more. Check the financials before you sign up with Status transportation