I have had a Garmin 465T GPS for a couple of years, but when I saw the Magellan RV9165T-LM I just had to check it out. I tow a travel trailer and thought that this GPS for RV'ers would be great. Here's what I liked about this unit:

- The 7" display was easy to see
- RV routing was good based on the size of your rig
- The Good Sam Road Trip Navigator was good, although I have the laptop version, it was a nice feature to show all the campgrounds and other points of interest right on the display
- It was easy to use

What I didn't like about this unit:

- One voice, the old Jill, which is not pleasant to listen to
- The mount was huge and, because of it's length, caused it to bouce some on the dash of my pickup. Maybe in a smooth riding RV it would be fine.
- Detours didn't work, or at least I couldn't get it to work, and had to wait until I was off course before I could get new directions.
- The unit wouldn't charge when turned on, something that I found others had a problem with, and I ultimately returned the unit for a refund

Overall, I decided the Garmin 465T (that's the Trucker one for those not familiar with it) is a better unit. You can set your vehicle size and restrictions so it works well for an RV. As I said, I have the Roadtrip Navigator on my laptop, which will interface with a GPS unit such as the Delorme BT-20 or a USB one, for very similar function to the RV9165T-LM.

I hope some folks find this useful.

Bill