Hi everyone I'm new to the site. I have a couple questions, so I have been a CDl b driver for almost 10 hrs but off the books with the same company so only way I can prove my work is a letter from my employer. Now I have recently obtained an A class and have been calling company after company trying to get a job over 200 companies have shut me down months of research and hours and hours of talking with recruiters explaining my situation. I have a dwi and 3 felonies and no proof of employment and no experience with A class deck is truly stacked. So now my friend is also a trucker and has been for a number of years he told me I should invest in getting my own truck and trailer and authority and get work from a broker now I've called a lot of insurance companies and and been denied by a lot but found a couple that are wiling to insure me I case I go this route. So my question is will brokers do background checks on me and will my felonies and dwi stop me from getting loads how does this work please help I know I've screwed up in the past but I'm a new and better person just looking for a shot and I have a family to feed please any help would be greatly appreciated