Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: On the verge of giving up please help

On the verge of giving up please help

Hi everyone I'm new to the site. I have a couple questions, so I have been a CDl b driver for almost 10 hrs but off the books with the same company so only way I can prove my work is a letter from my employer. Now I have recently obtained an A class and have been calling company after company trying to get a job over 200 companies have shut me down months of research and hours and hours of talking with recruiters explaining my situation. I have a dwi and 3 felonies and no proof of employment and no experience with A class deck is truly stacked. So now my friend is also a trucker and has been for a number of years he told me I should invest in getting my own truck and trailer and authority and get work from a broker now I've called a lot of insurance companies and and been denied by a lot but found a couple that are wiling to insure me I case I go this route. So my question is will brokers do background checks on me and will my felonies and dwi stop me from getting loads how does this work please help I know I've screwed up in the past but I'm a new and better person just looking for a shot and I have a family to feed please any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi SHa83. Welcome to the Community. I will share this to our Facebook page that we have 1,763 likes. Maybe somebody can help you there.
    Stay Safe
    Manette

Quote Originally Posted by Nette View Post
    Hi SHa83. Welcome to the Community. I will share this to our Facebook page that we have 1,763 likes. Maybe somebody can help you there.
    Thanks so much but I'm I don't have a Facebook would I bear to see responses? Sorry my very good with computers

Blog Entries
    You do not need a Facebook account. If anyone is interested in commenting, they would click on the link, sign up for the forum and answer you. Don't expect much, as you have really screwed up and companies generally do not want those with DUI driving for them and the 3 felonies ad insult to injury. It puts them at great risk for lawsuits and you cannot blame them for being cautious. You did not mention how long ago the DUI happened. If it was last week, you can obviously hang it up, but if it happened 10 years ago, who knows, you might be able to find something. I recommend the following:

Don't waist your time sending out resumes or filling out online forms. You need to personally talk to the the person, otherwise, you have no one to defend you.

Without being obnoxious, try to keep the focus on how you can solve their problems and don't let them stew on your past. Respect their concern about you, but defend yourself too.

For example, they say, I am very concerned about your DUI. You might counter with I can certainly respect that concern. I screwed up and in a big way. It has impacted my family and that is something that I have to live with. I can not change the past, but I can work hard to help you and your company stay profitable by doing whatever work, that needs to be done and doing it well. What problems are you facing with your drivers?

If you can afford an attorney, you might be able to get your DUI expunged. Here is an article, that you can start with. Good luck. Admin

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources...our-record.htm
    Last edited by Admin; 04-19-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    RoadTrucker Inc
    Products for Trucking and Driving Comfort

So you completely missed my question you know I thought I signed up to a truckers forum for trucking advice not to hear my high school counselor give me advice thanks anyway sweet heart save your preaching for church. You were no help

It's not a nice answer. People are trying to help. So don't be so rude.
    Stay Safe
    Manette

Blog Entries
    The worst part is that these type of responses tends to shut down communications. Not open them. Many would read a smart answer and not bother to offer help.
    RoadTrucker Inc
    Products for Trucking and Driving Comfort