Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Truckers Upset at Feds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Truckers Upset at Feds

SALT LAKE CITY — The federal government is making a push to make sure truck drivers out on the highways are medically fit to be there.

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration says they'll be randomly checking drivers for their medical cards. Not just looking at them, but actually calling the truck driver's doctor to make sure the card is legitimate.

But drivers themselves don't seem too thrilled about it and said it was just another hoop they have to jump through before they can get on the road.

"This is the last industry that America has to keep amerce running," said one driver. "If they shut down this trucking industry, America is in trouble, so they need to leave the truck drivers alone."

The FMCSA has said they just want to keep medically unqualified drivers off the roads...Whole report here.
    Does anybody feel that this random checking is necessary? In my own opinion, this rule may slow down the truckers especially that they make a living everyday driving their vehicles. It's just one more thing they can pull a rig over for, while the feds can approach the companies to enforce the MEC instead.

Oh my... this should not be done this way. if they want to check our medicals cards why not state a specific date. should be at least 3 times a year i.e. every 4 months. This rule really slows down the trucking industry...

I think regular drivers need to be checked i never knew there were such idiots on the road till i started driving a rig ether they are retarded or they have health issues we should find out witch it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    I think regular drivers need to be checked i never knew there were such idiots on the road till i started driving a rig ether they are retarded or they have health issues we should find out witch it is.
    I would agree since it is necessary for drivers to be physically fit. No only that, it can also cause accidents, for example if a driver will have an asthma attack while driving. it can be pretty dangerous.
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items