If you love to drive and interact with people, we have the job for you!
Come join the exciting world of Motorcoach Operators, be among the top earners in the industry and live in one of the most beautiful areas in California. Fully trained and willing drivers are earning $47,000 to $52,000 annually not including gratuities!
Travel through beautiful California! Our destinations include, but are not limited to: San Francisco, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Los Angeles, Napa, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Orange County, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Grand Canyon and the Central Coast.
AmericanStar Trailways continues to grow and is looking to expand our operations in the Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo (Grover Beach) area. We are in search of experienced, energetic, charismatic, motivated and safety-minded Class A or B commercial motorcoach operators to join our team! S.P.A.B or a School Bus certified is a plus, but we will train an otherwise fully qualified commercial driver.
Are you a current or recent Motorcoach operator seeking a change? Seniority with other companies as a Motorcoach operator will be considered when evaluating starting compensation and trip assignments. Experienced professional drivers go right to the top of the list!
DOJ & CHP fingerprint clearance, DOT physical exam, and DOT drug screen as well as a FMCSA background check is all required prior to employment. Applicants must be at least 25 years of age and knowledgeable of various highways and street locations throughout California.
California School Bus/ S.P.A.B. certified drivers are the best-screened, best-qualified, and best-trained profession drivers in the entire country. School bus/SPAB drivers are one of a few members of society who are entrusted with the care and safety of children when they are not at school or home with their parents, a trust that is guarded zealously by the State of California, CHP, DOE and all parents of school aged children.
*School Bus drivers looking for year round work; AmericanStar could be a match for you!
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Treat all passengers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner
- Safely negotiate various routes.
- Follow traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintain proper pre/post-trip inspections as well as accurate timecards.
- Communicate using a hands-free system.
- Accurately complete paperwork including: counts, logs, drop-off times and DVIRs
- Conduct a thorough daily motorcoach inspection to ensure safe vehicle operations.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must possess a clean driving record (must be able to present a CA DMV H6 -- 10 year driving record) with no more than one moving violation in the last 3 years, and all of the following:
- Possess a clean background - no criminal history
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner
- Adhere to AmericanStar's standards of conduct
- Hold a class A or B driver's license with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements
- Be safety and customer-service oriented
- Possess a current DMV Commercial Medical Examination Certificate
- Pass all DMV & CHP written exams required for a commercial driver's license, Class B-P, and a California Special Drivers Certificate (SPAB) with appropriate training.
- Pass all DMV & CHP driving proficiency tests required for a commercial driver's license, Class B-P, and a California Special Drivers Certificate (SPAB) or School Bus with training.
- Be able to work independently, communicate well and relate to people in a positive way.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Maintain a self-management system including schedules and daily logs.
- Have the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- SPAB/School Bus CERTIFIED drivers; WE NEED YOU!
- Must own a cell phone, reliable transportation, and a great alarm clock!
- Must accept most of your work will be day trips with some overnighters.
- Must be willing to drive over the road trips from 3-7 days in duration.
- Must be available on weekends and be flexible on other days.
- Most accept most days-off will be on Mondays & Tuesdays.
We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including all holidays. Applicants must be flexible, available to fill last minute assignments and be able to solve problems while always maintaining a positive attitude. We are looking for career professional operators that enjoy traveling, excitement, fast paced, visiting new places and have the ability to handle a high energy job that changes constantly.
Motorcoaches - We operate a fleet of deluxe Motorcoaches, LimoCoaches, shuttle/commuter buses, Amtrak and Specialty Coaches which all have the most up-to-date passenger amenities available. We also have the best maintained fleet of motorcoaches on the Central Coast of California and we have always maintained the highest DOT and CHP Safety Ratings.
Compensation: Starting pay up to $16.50/hour for Coach Drivers and $17.00/hour up to $20.00/hour for School Bus/SPAB Certificate drivers DOE. $2000 Signing Bonus for FT SPAB/School Bus Drivers.* Look at our comprehensive benefits package. Top Pay, Gratuities and Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401k, Vacation and Sick Pay.
*SPAB/School Bus Certificated Driver - $2000 Signing Bonus ***This sign on bonus will be paid monthly starting with your first month of employment.
We have been providing the finest group transportation on the Central Coast of California since 1991 and look forward to continuing that tradition by employing only the safest and most qualified drivers. Professional motorcoach operators look to us for a career, not just a job! This opportunity could be great as a 2nd career or for a retiree wishing to supplement their income.
If you are already a school bus/SPAB driver we also have part-time weekend work! Full and part-time positions are currently available at our Grover Beach, Paso Robles and Ventura locations!
If you like sports, events, live entertainment, music and an always-changing panorama view of the West, you will love this profession! This "life style" is not for everyone but it just may be the most unique job you will ever hold. So, if you are looking for 9-5 with weekends off, or you prefer to sit in an office behind a desk, you need not apply. But if you really don't like what you are doing now, call the best and change the rest of your life today!
Please email your resume along with a copy of your current DMV H6 (within 30 days) ASAP!!!
897 Oak Park Blvd.
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Email: julie (AT) americanstarinc (DOT) net
An Equal Opportunity Employer