Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Question about directions/deliveries.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question about directions/deliveries.

We are in a large metropolitan area and get approximately 50 trucks a day. Loads are from numerous companies, so no one company is the problem.

In the last 2 years, we have noticed a definite increase in OTR drivers calling to get directions to our location from pick up points out of state. I can give them directions from Canada, but not from the East coast. The owner has said to tell them to get GPS and hang up. IMO, that's just rude. But the constant calls do get really frustrating.

Also, there has been an enormous increase in drivers where English is not their native language and they appear to not read, speak or understand English. Again, frustrating when they do not/can not follow verbal or written instructions.

I have confirmed the delivery address on our purchase orders and have GPS'd the location myself as a test. Everything is accurate. As I am in the office, I am unable to contact the individual company and rectify the problem at the time it occurs.

Any suggestions on how to handle this (except suck it up cube monkey) is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    People tend to be too sensitive. Everything that is said is not rude, especially if it has legitimate value. I think when we are told something that might be considered as fairly obvious, we tend to see it as rude, but it's not. It is just stating the obvious. Think about it. A good Truck GPS is the clear answer to both of your issues. The first of course is getting them to your place and the 2nd is that the better Truck GPS can be switched to Spanish.

I recommend that you do recommend a GPS, but don't just recommend a GPS in general. Select a good one and recommend it. I would suggest any of the following:

Rand McNally 7" TND730LM
    Rand McNally 5" TND530LM
    Cobra 7" 8500PROHD
    Cobra 5" 6500PROHD
    Garmin 7" DEZL760LMT
    Garmin 5" DEZL560LMT

All of the above are specifically for Truck Drivers and include Lifetime Map Updates. There are other's, but in our testing, we found the above 3 Mfg to stand out. Here is a link to RoadTrucker's Truck GPS page. http://www.roadtrucker.com/gps-truck...r-truckers.htm Click on the pictures for more detail and download the manuals. By the way, if anyone orders the TND730LM, they should request a Hard Shell case. It's Free for the asking since they are stocked at RoadTrucker. A tips email is also automatically sent to help them set up the GPS and get familiar with it. Admin
    Last edited by Admin; 10-31-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    RoadTrucker Inc
    Products for Trucking and Driving Comfort