Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: East Coast Winter Storm coming the week of March 25 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question East Coast Winter Storm coming the week of March 25 2014

Potential Storm Next Week: What We Know Right Now <Information taken from the Weather Channel

Low Track #1: Greatest Impact

Low Track #2: Moderate Impact

Although we are confident in the forecast for below-average temperatures this weekend into next week, we less confident about the potential impacts from a storm system developing near or off the East Coast next week. Keep in mind, it is not unusual to have a high degree of uncertainty when forecasting a potential winter storm roughly five days away.
    Computer models have suggested a wide range of outcomes in the track of the storm over the last few days. Pictured to the right are three scenarios for the track of the low and the potential impacts they would bring. The timeframe for any potential storm appears to be Tuesday into Wednesday of next week.

• Track #1: If the low moves near or just off the East Coast, we would likely see a moderate to high impact storm with the potential for strong winds, snow and/or rain affecting portions of the Eastern Seaboard.
    • Track #2: In this scenario, the low moves a little farther out to sea, but close enough to the coast to bring moderate or possible low impacts. Some wind would be expected and the precipitation would likely be all snow.
    • Track #3: This would be the least threatening outcome. The storm system still exists, but tracks far enough out to sea to only bring low or no impacts at all.

we here in the northeast, are going thru a real deep freeze. right now, it is about 10 F.

the wind will start sometime today, taking many places here down to at least-15 F.

i know many of you have had it colder, than that, but as i age, (to me) daily temps below 70 is like murder.....lol

Cool

Hi, I just wanted to let drivers know to be careful out there. I can wait for my packages a day or three. I have trucker in the family and truckers helped me at 2 AM on a dark and dangerous road in my teen years after I rolled my VW. I will never forget that early AM in the early 70's- when others drove around me in my car on its side waving out the window- 2 different truck drivers stopped, got me out of the car, put the car on its wheels and pushed to the side of the road, then even drove me to a ***** booth to call my Dad. Great appreciation and respect to truckers. So keep the shiny side up and if you see a Winnebago Vista on the road, it could be me.
    Be safe out there and thanks!

I'll be looking for gear for the Winnebago on here.

Sandy from CA.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyc954 View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to let drivers know to be careful out there. I can wait for my packages a day or three. I have trucker in the family and truckers helped me at 2 AM on a dark and dangerous road in my teen years after I rolled my VW. I will never forget that early AM in the early 70's- when others drove around me in my car on its side waving out the window- 2 different truck drivers stopped, got me out of the car, put the car on its wheels and pushed to the side of the road, then even drove me to a ***** booth to call my Dad. Great appreciation and respect to truckers. So keep the shiny side up and if you see a Winnebago Vista on the road, it could be me.
    Be safe out there and thanks!

I'll be looking for gear for the Winnebago on here.

Sandy from CA.
    we here in the north east, got "up to" 18" of snow in some areas. nearly paralyzed many areas for at least a day. clean up was "just ok" as since the winds were driving the snow falls, cleaned roads were once again snow covered.

many roads are very narrow. what has irked me for years, is that once the mani clean up is done, why are the crews sent back out a day or 2 later, and widen the streets or get to the streets they DID NOT plow the day of the storm?????

i cannot wait to retire, and move away to maybe the southeast part of the country, where NO SNOW or ice is EVER happening....!!!!!!