Just wanted to introduce myself!!!! I'm a new jack in the lifestyle, And will be on here every now and then looking for the Good Bad and The Ugly... Recently finished Cdl school and am taking on my second orientation with what I'm hoping is the company for me!!!!! My first experience with recruiters and meat market companies was like being hit with a stunning right hook to the everything from here on out is going to be GREAT part of the brain!!! Needless to say, After reading a lot of company reviews MOST BAD very few GOOD... I think my motto to this endeavor shall be "Put Up and Shut Up"..... Nobody likes a whinner.
I'm hoping if I play the Yes Sir No Sir bit And do what I'm told ( Maybe I won't get the Shitty loads and will be rewarded as the go to guy from dispatch? I leave behind me other Careers as most everyone on here has as well. What's the Best approach for newbies in the trucking biz? Shut up and Listen or try to question authority in your first year.... By the sounds of most of the complaints I have seen on these sites, they usually have come with retaliation from higher ups whenever you speak up and question something/anything about getting home,pay etc... It seems once you break that ice, with most places you become the red headed step child and black flagged till you push yourself out the door? Are these common tactics used for new people to weed out the foresee able complainers before to much time is invested!!! It's easy for them to do it!! Hit you where it hurts most " In the Wallet"... Huh, Who would have ever thought their was so much Cat and Mouse in this industry!!!! Wish me Luck on playing the game. If you still see me on here 'That means my Battleship has not yet been sunk!!!!