* This past Tuesday, my semi-truck broke down in Frazier Park, California.
* A telephone call for assistance was made to Panorama Towing On February 25th, 2014 at 8am PST.
* A rate of $150 per hour with a 2 hour minimum was given.
* A truck was dispatched to the scene at 830am PST.
* The Truck arrived on site at 930am PST.
* Despite being told that the truck and trailer weighed 4,000 lbs., they stated that their intention was load it up by hand with 2 men.
* They said they could handle it and after they realized they needed a pallet jack, the first drivers offered to go get the jack. However, management told them no and they would send another truck instead.
* The second truck didn't show up until 4 hours later at 130pm PST and was at the scene for a total of 30 minutes.
* The towing company's address is actually only around 5 miles away from the scene of the breakdown according to our GPS.
• They billed us for 5 hours for a tow over this distance.
* Realistically, this should have cost me $800. However, they are billing me $4,500 + $400/day storage!!!
* And, until I pay their ridiculous bill, they are holding my truck and trailer hostage, along with a client's load that is now seriously past due.
* And, to top it off, they never bothered to contact us for authorization for any of the additional charges.
Is this what a reputable company does?