Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Veteran Driver

Veteran Driver

I am a veteran driver O/O and had been thinking about getting back into the business. I have researched to see how much of a demand there was and what they are paying these days. I particularly dont care to drive myself but rather someone to drive it for me. Also, I had thought about a lease option to start but I wondered if a company would let me do a lease purchase and have someone else drive it for me. I know I can call them and ask but I wanted to see if anyone has done this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankman52 View Post
    I am a veteran driver O/O and had been thinking about getting back into the business. I have researched to see how much of a demand there was and what they are paying these days. I particularly dont care to drive myself but rather someone to drive it for me. Also, I had thought about a lease option to start but I wondered if a company would let me do a lease purchase and have someone else drive it for me. I know I can call them and ask but I wanted to see if anyone has done this before.
    Hi Tankman! Welcome to the forum. Here's a post from one of our Facebook fans:

Richard Dale Garrison - I would not have anybody drive my O/O truck too much risk and most of these drivers anymore are a bunch of nut cases. I know someone that took 2 engines out of a O/O truck mainly because the governor was maxed out and the guy musta been driving it with his foot on the floor,but the owner had died and his wife owned the truck afterwards.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

UPDATE: Another post:

Karen Slade - Lease option not the way to go! If you don't have the money to buy your own and drive yourself one truck is not going to make you any money especially if you put a driver in it fuel is high then pay a driver along with any breakdowns you do the math. Best you put the pencil to the paper truck note, insurance, taxes, plates etc, you have a company to haul for? What freight you planning on hauling? Best you do more research in this adventure.
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Hi Tankman! Welcome to the forum. Here's a post from one of our Facebook fans:

Richard Dale Garrison - I would not have anybody drive my O/O truck too much risk and most of these drivers anymore are a bunch of nut cases. I know someone that took 2 engines out of a O/O truck mainly because the governor was maxed out and the guy musta been driving it with his foot on the floor,but the owner had died and his wife owned the truck afterwards.
    Hey Richard,

I see we have the same last name! Dont see too mant Garrison's!
    Anyway, I know its a risk anytime you hire someone to drive your rig. I did it before but it was my brother at the time.
    I am still researching my options as to what to do. I cant drive myself cuz I am already employed. I just wanted to get a small fleet built up and when Im gone my wife will have some income other than my retirement, didability and SS. She is smart and a very determined individual. She would pick it up quickly and already has some knowledge from what I tell from time to time. I dont know, its a thought and a business I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankman52 View Post
    Hey Richard,

I see we have the same last name! Dont see too mant Garrison's!
    Anyway, I know its a risk anytime you hire someone to drive your rig. I did it before but it was my brother at the time.
    I am still researching my options as to what to do. I cant drive myself cuz I am already employed. I just wanted to get a small fleet built up and when Im gone my wife will have some income other than my retirement, didability and SS. She is smart and a very determined individual. She would pick it up quickly and already has some knowledge from what I tell from time to time. I dont know, its a thought and a business I know.
    Richard Dale Garrison
    "The Garrison name is a top breed that is for sure. I acually come from the excavating biz where my dad has owned the biz for nearly 45 years it just never worked out integrating into it for me and you know how biz is these days it's dog eat dog more than it has ever been. Yes a small fleet is the way to go if you do because like someone explained to me if 1 truck is down the others are making $$ He was using a 3 truck example though too."

See comment on our Facebook page: RoadTrucker Inc.
    Marie

You wouldn't to be part of the R.E.Garrison Trucking around Cullen, Al would ya?