Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Article: Are Commercial Drivers Really Hitting Bridges?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Article: Are Commercial Drivers Really Hitting Bridges?

RoadTrucker Inc
    Products for Trucking and Driving Comfort

Nice article, Admin. Will there be any more? You got me convinced to get a gps for trucks. I've been using a garmin for my car and did not realize that they make em just for trucks. Any recomendations? thanx.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Fun.. RoadTrucker carries several truck GPS. i.e. Rand McNally, Cobra, PC*Miler, Garmin, Magellan and we have been asked to take another look at the Teletype, which we took off the website because of a freezing problem they had.

If you would like to do a little of your own research, I recommend that you start at the following webpage. http://www.roadtrucker.com/gps-truck...r-truckers.htm. Just click on the individual photos for more details, videos and downloadable manuals, for each GPS.

As far as RoadTrucker's recommendation, we feel that the Rand McNally offers the most to Truckers. They also have an outstanding GPS for RV. Rand had been doing maps since 1875? (not sure, 18 something) and they were the first to come out with driver timers, downloadable state mileage records, and a lot of others nice features. Their old 700 had a few issues, but the new TND720 seems to be doing extremely well. Probably because of the communication mechanism they have making it easy for drivers to feedback any errors they might find.
    Last edited by Admin; 11-22-2012 at 12:23 AM.

I agree with you Admin. Rand is clearly the best gps ever. And Rand's first map was created in December of 1872, not 1875.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for taking the time to correct that erroneous data, monding

Hi Y'all,
    Great article! I just bought the new Dezl 760 I think, it is AWESOME! It has a lot of great features and a really big screen so it isn't distracting trying to read it. It beeps whenever the speed limit is about to change, maps update all the time, prints out HOS and state mileage, driving speeds of the trip, everything! I love it. But I also agree that slowing down and assessing risks is essential. Gizmos and ******s are great tools but should never ever replace the human brain! Keep it safe Y'all,
    Snowpony

No offense but I must say that Garmins have been very unreliable and have broken repeatedly. I've been through a half dozen of them in the last 5 years and I'm completely done with that company. Lately believe it or not I have relied more heavily on my mobile ***** to navigate (I know I know). Not a very good device overall but it has done the job and I haven't had to replace it for it breaking after a few months. Even the street details have been correct more than the Garmin seemed to show for out of the way places. Now if only I didn't lose reception (and therefore vocal course updates) so often and have to rely on reading the directions page.