Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: NEW DOT Medical Examinations

NEW DOT Medical Examinations

Hello
    I am a Nationally Certified Medical Examiner here in Texas
    There are many new changes to the Medical Examination. There are also many rumors and questions.
    I will be glad to provide an answer to your questions best I can.
    Post or email me directly with your questions.

Dr Paul McLemore DC

CHICO DECATUR
    101 N Weatherford St 1816 Hwy 51 South #200
    on the Chico Square inside Herb’s & More
    Chico TX 76431-0511 Decatur TX 76234

Tues, Thurs, Sat Mon, Wed, Fri
    Last edited by Admin; 06-06-2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Forum Link Violation

Quote Originally Posted by drpauldc View Post
    Hello
    I am a Nationally Certified Medical Examiner here in Texas
    There are many new changes to the Medical Examination. There are also many rumors and questions.
    I will be glad to provide an answer to your questions best I can.
    Post or email me directly with your questions.

Dr Paul McLemore DC

CHICO DECATUR
    101 N Weatherford St 1816 Hwy 51 South #200
    on the Chico Square inside Herb’s & More
    Chico TX 76431-0511 Decatur TX 76234

Tues, Thurs, Sat Mon, Wed, Fri
    First off what is a "DC". Then since there are these new changes that we need to know about, why dont you just list the changes. That way we will know of them and can look into them? Or is this a advertisement in hopes of enticing new business? Either way, have a good day.
    Last edited by Admin; 06-06-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Texas DOT Medical DOC

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    First off what is a "DC". Then since there are these new changes that we need to know about, why dont you just list the changes. That way we will know of them and can look into them? Or is this a advertisement in hopes of enticing new business? Either way, have a good day.
    DC is a Doctor of Chjropractic

The changes involve every aspect of your health. There is not enough space here to list all the changes. To sum up the changes; you are required to be healthier.
    iT IS NO LONGER MY SUBJECTIVE OPINION. Basically the DOT wants to make sure that you will not drop dead behind the wheel of the truck.

In general the physical will be more involved, looking for surgery scars, physical ability to operate the vehicle and manage your load, looking at all the meds. Bring your meds, be clean, wear loose cloths, exam will take longer than in the past, more involved, and it is going to cost more.
    If you fail the physical, No longer will you be able to simply go down the road and get another. The doctor must now enter your info into national data base pass or fail. If you fail then you are stuck with that doctor and their determination and instructions as to how to pass, such as additional testing.

I doing this to help you keep working, I worked years in construction to pay for school. I am also a very hard working man and understand how this may affect your ability to make a living as a truck driver. DOT has told me that 25 to 50 % of the truck drivers are unhealthy and DOT wants them off the road.

Remember you must have a Medical card on file with your state DL office by Jan 31 st or your CDL will be down graded.

I am not ashamed to ask for your business.
    Ask a specific question and I will be glad to answer it.