Made in America Chrome Stacks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ladies in Trucking Industry

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    How could you keep her barefoot and pregnant on what a trucker makes. start building chit again that will put some good old boys to work..
    First off a truckers salary, or pay, has nothing to do with keeping a women pregnant nor barefoot. As I said previously, Barefoot in the winter and pregnant in the summer. In short you take away all her shoes and other foot devices during the winter so she cant venture off, then make sure she is pregnant during the summer so again she wont go venturing off. Does that explain it better?
    And you are again correct, that if women stayed at home then "Again that will put some good old boys to work", your words.
    Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgriffin80 View Post
    I am a 33 year old women struggling to get back into trucking whether it be be a small or big company and need help from anyone that can give me suggestions. I dont have recent experience no more due to having back surgery like 2 1/2 years ago but am ready to get back in. Im am a motivated woman and want to drive but am being told by every company that they cant help so can someone please help.
    Hi Bgriffin80, one of our facebook fans Nicole said,
    "I don't know how you feel about flatbed, but my so works for PGT and is very happy with them. I imagine strapping down the load might be hard on your back though."
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

I can respect your opinion however I do find it rather shallow it's 2013 not 1950 I am not only a woman driver but own a small Fleet which employs whomever man or woman that meets the qualifications I have been noticing women drivers are generally more safety compliant and harder working. There is a place for everyone in this Trucking world none of which deserve to be judged

Hirshbach motor lines might give you a chance

I've only been out here for 10 years but frostldy is absolutely correct The only other things I can ad is make sure your familiar with your rig learn how to do minor repairs it may save your tail.

Quote Originally Posted by wendypett View Post
    I can respect your opinion however I do find it rather shallow it's 2013 not 1950 I am not only a woman driver but own a small Fleet which employs whomever man or woman that meets the qualifications I have been noticing women drivers are generally more safety compliant and harder working. There is a place for everyone in this Trucking world none of which deserve to be judged
    Point well made wendypett. For me trucking life is for everyone regardless of gender, race, status as long as you qualify for the compliance requirements set and you create a safe environment you're in it.
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items

RT Movin' Along bigsemitruckscom's Avatar
    All ya'all are 2 funny! I've been married to a driver for 20 years. I was in the truck otr the first 5. The biggest tip is 'Be the best." Drive well. Do your bookwork well. Be polite to others. Be confident. Course I give the same advice to guys too. Biggest trouble on the road is lack of respect. A bit of kindness and grace goes a LONG way towards making life better on the road.

Word of the day. Agree 100%, bigsemitruckscom. Respect does it all the time. Thank you for additional words of wisdom.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by wendypett View Post
    it's 2013 not 1950
    Lets not make any derogatory comments about a good year as 1950. Those were the good old days, when women knew their place and men appreciated it.

If you are still interested in getting back in Driving, i would suggest Knight Transportation. You will be put through a complete physical, such as physical ability movements. it's pretty thorough. But also a warning ,if you can only get a 3 month physical card, they won't hire you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast