Made in America Chrome Stacks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ladies in Trucking Industry

Wow. This is a hard job for a woman. Driving a car is really tiring and let alone drive a truck! You go girl!
    Last edited by Marie; 02-17-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Forum Violation: Advertising

Women In Trucking have main aim to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments and minimize obstacles faced by women working in the trucking industry. Trucking Association recognizes the outstanding safety and performance accomplishments of the nation’s professional female drivers. There will be music, refreshments, prizes, goodie bags and the big event of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by marksoldtowne View Post
    Women In Trucking have main aim to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments and minimize obstacles faced by women working in the trucking industry. Trucking Association recognizes the outstanding safety and performance accomplishments of the nation’s professional female drivers. There will be music, refreshments, prizes, goodie bags and the big event of the day.
    This is so true. What better way to recognize the efforts of every female trucker is to have a little celebration from time to time. I can't wait to get our PicGallery up and running in the forum so our truckers can upload their photos.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Ladies, I thought that women belonged in the home. barefoot in the winter and pregnant in the summer. Anyway that is what my dad and granddad said. Am I wrong on this?

This would free up a lot of jobs for our male bread winners to take, those who are sitting on unemployment at this time.
    Just my thought, anyone have any opinion on this?

Hi Menehune,

I used to feel the same way, but nowadays there are so many women who have to be the breadwinners due to being a single mom for whatever reason. I think that sometimes in our recent economy one paycheck isn't enough to get by on and women must work. Another thought is that if a woman never has a job outside the home, she will not ever have any Social Security saved (Not that there may even be any for anyone in the near future hahaha) When I was raising my family, I stayed home days-cooked and cleaned and cared for my children, my husband, and my home, so no one raised my children for me and I could raise them well. I had a few other neighborhood children that I cared for and eventually ended up with a daycare in my home. I did office cleaning a couple nights per week to have money for extras. Now after my children are raised, have children of their own, having been a widow and now recently re-married, I am a truck driver-a team driver with my husband. I am not taking a job from anyone-just making our life together and our bread winning more efficient. We all have families or needs and just because someone is a woman doesn't mean that she should step aside to let a man have a job. A woman has every right to earn a paycheck as a man. I also feel that having women in the workforce brings new innovative ideas to the table. That goes for all minorities. Any kind of cultural diversity makes for more ways of looking at things, more ideas for more options in finding solutions to challenges. I have no problem with women who like to be housewomen and leave the bread winning to the husband, I did it for many years. But I don't think it is right to put that restriction on anyone when there are so many other variables to consider. All people should challenge themselves to reach and do and be all that they can be, whether it is a career or anything. I have 2 daughters and I always taught them that they can be whatever they dream, reach for the stars, and do all your heart calls you to do. When we listen to our hearts and not the negative doubts, we find we can do much more than we ever dreamed possible. I say reach, grow, learn, achieve, love, give, try, and even fall then get back up and keep moving forward. All we ever have for certain is this moment. I for one refuse to lose it over regretting yesterday or fearing tomorrow. Now is the time to act, live, dream, plan, JUST DO IT! hahaha. Life is what we make it. Make it count!

Snowpony,

I will say, we are all entitled to our opinions. As for is women did not work they would not have any Social Security. Well, that is not entirely true, as a married women can collect off of her husbands Social Security.
    Diversity? The more different obsessions make it hardr to come to a conclusion. I think it is best for a women to be at home to raise the kids. Momn's do it best, and tend to make a difference. To many out there with working moms, who have to take care of themselves. Thereby, getting into things they would not have if there was a loving mother to come home to.
    My mother was a stay at ahome mom, and was glad she was. It was great having Mom there when you got home, to love, nurture, and guide you.
    Again, you are entitled to your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpony View Post
    Now after my children are raised, have children of their own, having been a widow and now recently re-married, I am a truck driver-a team driver with my husband. I am not taking a job from anyone-just making our life together and our bread winning more efficient. We all have families or needs and just because someone is a woman doesn't mean that she should step aside to let a man have a job. A woman has every right to earn a paycheck as a man. I also feel that having women in the workforce brings new innovative ideas to the table. That goes for all minorities. Any kind of cultural diversity makes for more ways of looking at things, more ideas for more options in finding solutions to challenges.

I have no problem with women who like to be housewomen and leave the bread winning to the husband, I did it for many years. But I don't think it is right to put that restriction on anyone when there are so many other variables to consider. All people should challenge themselves to reach and do and be all that they can be, whether it is a career or anything. I have 2 daughters and I always taught them that they can be whatever they dream, reach for the stars, and do all your heart calls you to do. When we listen to our hearts and not the negative doubts, we find we can do much more than we ever dreamed possible. I say reach, grow, learn, achieve, love, give, try, and even fall then get back up and keep moving forward. All we ever have for certain is this moment. I for one refuse to lose it over regretting yesterday or fearing tomorrow. Now is the time to act, live, dream, plan, JUST DO IT! hahaha. Life is what we make it. Make it count!
    Well said, Snowpony. You are absolutely right. If you get a job, by it's vary nature, it was never anyone else's job to take. It was obviously yours to take. Hence you took it. The idea that someone should step aside and go without, in order for someone else to get a job is about as senseless as practicing your Tae Bo in a hornets nest and expecting the hornets to leave so you can finish up you lessons.

I would bet you husband is extremely proud of you too. I certainly would be. As they say on the afternoon shows... You go girl!.. ) And yes, life it what we make it. You move forward, with a kind word for others, ignoring those who have not learned the lesson.

I respect all ladies in trucking out there! Thank you!

I am a 33 year old women struggling to get back into trucking whether it be be a small or big company and need help from anyone that can give me suggestions. I dont have recent experience no more due to having back surgery like 2 1/2 years ago but am ready to get back in. Im am a motivated woman and want to drive but am being told by every company that they cant help so can someone please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Menehune View Post
    Ladies, I thought that women belonged in the home. barefoot in the winter and pregnant in the summer. Anyway that is what my dad and granddad said. Am I wrong on this?

This would free up a lot of jobs for our male bread winners to take, those who are sitting on unemployment at this time.
    Just my thought, anyone have any opinion on this?
    How could you keep her barefoot and pregnant on what a trucker makes. start building chit again that will put some good old boys to work. lots of room for a woman behind the wheel. be safe out there everybody.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast