Made in America Chrome Stacks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ladies in Trucking Industry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ladies in Trucking Industry

A history was set way back in 1929, when Lillie Elizabeth Drennan was the first woman to receive her commercial driver's license (CDL) classification. Not only that, she also was the first female trucking firm owner in the United States. She set the mark for many women drivers who would follow after.

With the challenge of the job coupled with an attractive pay scale, women nowadays are attracted to enter the trucking workforce. Some trucking companies even provide better job opportunities and benefits to women truck drivers. However, lady truckers still need to be aware of their situation when they are on the road. Below is just a list of simple things to keep in mind:

• Keep the doors of the rig locked at all times
    • If possible, stay away from remote rest areas, especially at night
    • Stay off back roads or short cuts
    • Try parking close to the main door of any truck stops you're at
    • Always carry a **** ***** with you or a reliable CB Radio

If you are a woman in trucking reading this, We would be interested in and greatly appreciate your story on how it is to be a lady trucker and more importantly, how to stay safe on the road. What is it like to be a woman living a trucker's life? Share you thoughts!
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

most days its like all the rest. you get your orders , load and go. Other days your up to you butt in sticky clay mud chaining up with globs slidding down your covies, at 2 am in the slush chains are sliding off the rubber other trucks are haulling ass past you and splashing you, get wrong directions to a remote location up a logging road on a moutain some were. and you gett off loaded back o n the pavment and you think to your self.... what the smurf did i get myself into...lol then you do a small happy dance that you did it with out crashing busting up your rig or loosing you load. It makes it all worth it.

lmao. tough smurf, huh. Yeah sometimes you have to fight to survive in trucking. I even heard one female trucker, 71 year old, who pulls a reefer for Cargill Meats. Thanks for your post frostldy. Looking forward for your tips to help women entering trucking make better decisions. Cheers!
    Marie

Hats off to her. This is one of the many reasons why I admire lady truckers out there and treat them with utmost respect. Kudos ladies

although my trucking experiances are some what limited to oil fild service up here in northern Alberta and BC. ive come across the good the bad the ugly and the awesome. nothing prepairs you for what you will face so its a good idea not to go out alone at first. run shotgun for a wile and get your feet wet. be friendly with the guys but not to friendly. most have been in the bush for months and forget how to be human. be keep your shoulders square and your head up. you will be treated with respect as long as you always dislplay the up most profestional attituded even if you dont know something or are just learning. and what out for snowbanks when you pull over to pee. there is nothing worse than falling backwards in 4ft of snow at 20-C with your coveralls around your feetand neck deep ass first in a snow bank...lol

I hate seeing lots of women truckers they make me look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    I hate seeing lots of women truckers they make me look bad.
    lol. and why is that cooper??
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items

Quote Originally Posted by Hapon A-z View Post
    lol. and why is that cooper??
    cause they look better behind the wheel than i do.

I am a 33 year old women struggling to get back into trucking whether it be be a small or big company and need help from anyone that can give me suggestions. I dont have recent experience no more due to having back surgery like 2 1/2 years ago but am ready to get back in. Im am a motivated woman and want to drive but am being told by every company that they cant help so can someone please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgriffin80 View Post
    I am a 33 year old women struggling to get back into trucking whether it be be a small or big company and need help from anyone that can give me suggestions. I dont have recent experience no more due to having back surgery like 2 1/2 years ago but am ready to get back in. Im am a motivated woman and want to drive but am being told by every company that they cant help so can someone please help.
    Hi Bgriffin80, one of our facebook fans Nicole said,
    "I don't know how you feel about flatbed, but my so works for PGT and is very happy with them. I imagine strapping down the load might be hard on your back though."
    Marie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast