Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Legitimate companies

Legitimate companies

How do you tell what's legit and what's not? Does anybody know anything about a company called Emcee Driver Personnel? They supposedly have local openings in Blountville, TN. The only thing I could find was 1 negative review with a rebuttal saying the review was fake, and one rebuttal that said "I found my dream job". Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by chainsawboy View Post
    How do you tell what's legit and what's not? Does anybody know anything about a company called Emcee Driver Personnel? They supposedly have local openings in Blountville, TN. The only thing I could find was 1 negative review with a rebuttal saying the review was fake, and one rebuttal that said "I found my dream job". Anybody know?

I'm an Owner Operator leased to them. Been good to me since I've been here. I started last October. High freight rates, I get to pick my loads and rates, pick my home time. They've been good to me. This is my first post on here. I've got another truck that I want to put a driver in and stay leased here. Good strong miles. Its the same lanes all the time. Minimum company expectation is 2700-2800 per week. I run dedicated and thats what I prefer. So as an Owner Operator, I'm grossing around $250,000 this year, with one truck. After settlements I'm bringing home about $120,000+ this year with one truck. I'm going to purchase another truck and put a driver in it. Probably going to pay around .40cpm.

Company drivers run the same. I'm not sure what drivers are doing in TN area. But they mostly run dedicated lanes. There are local positions (yard jockeys, spotters, etc.) But I'm not sure what those guys make. Easiest way to tell you is this, I don't see a rotating door like I do at other trucking companies I've worked for. Most company drivers have been here 5-10+ years. So miles are strong, good pay, benefits, etc. To me it says alot when you talk to a guy and they've been here for a while. Must be a reason why they've been here so long.

Some of the company drivers I've talked to "say" they average 60+K per year. Then some tell me their going to make over 80K. But I'm not sure on the company driver side. But they've all been here for a while. I think that says a lot! So they must be doing well.

Theres all kinds of different driving positions on the company side. OTR, Regional, Dedicated, Local, ETC. But I couldn''t tell you the areas. If they've posted the opening, its there! But mostly company drivers run dedicated lanes. If you have the want, I'd do a lease purchase! They'll help you get a truck by co signing for it. On owner operator side, this is the best money I've made since 2006. Every company has it's flaws, but this is the best I've had it in a while. They're fair, dispatch actually knows what their doing, and they actually listen if you have a problem. That's been my experience with them.

Hope that help driver! Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by newtoforum View Post
    I'm an Owner Operator leased to them. Been good to me since I've been here. I started last October. High freight rates, I get to pick my loads and rates, pick my home time. They've been good to me. This is my first post on here. I've got another truck that I want to put a driver in and stay leased here. Good strong miles. Its the same lanes all the time. Minimum company expectation is 2700-2800 per week. I run dedicated and thats what I prefer. So as an Owner Operator, I'm grossing around $250,000 this year, with one truck. After settlements I'm bringing home about $120,000+ this year with one truck. I'm going to purchase another truck and put a driver in it. Probably going to pay around .40cpm.

Company drivers run the same. I'm not sure what drivers are doing in TN area. But they mostly run dedicated lanes. There are local positions (yard jockeys, spotters, etc.) But I'm not sure what those guys make. Easiest way to tell you is this, I don't see a rotating door like I do at other trucking companies I've worked for. Most company drivers have been here 5-10+ years. So miles are strong, good pay, benefits, etc. To me it says alot when you talk to a guy and they've been here for a while. Must be a reason why they've been here so long.

Some of the company drivers I've talked to "say" they average 60+K per year. Then some tell me their going to make over 80K. But I'm not sure on the company driver side. But they've all been here for a while. I think that says a lot! So they must be doing well.

Theres all kinds of different driving positions on the company side. OTR, Regional, Dedicated, Local, ETC. But I couldn''t tell you the areas. If they've posted the opening, its there! But mostly company drivers run dedicated lanes. If you have the want, I'd do a lease purchase! They'll help you get a truck by co signing for it. On owner operator side, this is the best money I've made since 2006. Every company has it's flaws, but this is the best I've had it in a while. They're fair, dispatch actually knows what their doing, and they actually listen if you have a problem. That's been my experience with them.

Hope that help driver! Good Luck!
    Thanks for the share, trucker!
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Check out "New To OTR" A guide for new company OTR Drivers. If you are thinking about getting a cdl or you are already driving, this guide might help you.
    Last edited by Marie; 03-30-2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Removed link

Call 2LM Express LLC. 334-517-6161. Been good to me!

For me Status Trucks been doing good all times.

I can only really talk with limited experience since I'm very new to the industry. I had a really great immersion into the industry with U.S. Xpress who helped me out with school (I think that's how you spell it) - Call 866-348-7490 - my brother was the one that reccomended it to me. I'll most likely be starting with them this fall. Our old man (RIP) used to truck for them back in the days. He honestly never talked about driving much and I can't ask him about it now, but he always seemed to be busy with loads and evertyhing.

Really not sure if they have any spots near your location but it's worth a shot to look into.
    Last edited by Admin; 08-17-2016 at 10:13 PM.