Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: growling and grinding noise when letting up on accelerator

growling and grinding noise when letting up on accelerator

Have a 2007 Volvo / Volvo engine semi when I am accelerating no sound but when speed evens out and truck is not accelerating (equilibrium state with rpms) there is a loud hideous growling, almost grinding noise. It stops as soon as I accelerate! Help?

Hi Snowpony! How are you? Here's a reply from our facebook fan

Tracy A Giffin Sr: Check u joints

I'll keep you posted to any further replies.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Thank you for the help, will certainly take a look! Good to hear fron you Marie!!! I have been hauling all over the country from Texas to North Dakota, to Washington, to orida then back home to Virginia! Whew what an awesome trip covered 4 jobs in all. It was so cool to see so much of this beautiful country right out of the gate. Now we have been working mostly in Oklahoma and Texas with runs back to Virginia and the Carolinas when we get homesick. I am loving the life of a trucker even with the blowouts, wicked nasty roads, horrendous city traffic, and breakdowns( which so far have been few) I have been gaining experience driving, hooking and unhooking to & from a trailer, backing into loading docks and a wee bit of parking into a spot at a truckstop. Pretty dern cool for my first 5 months as a truckers wife!!!

That's fantastic! It's great to hear from you as well, Snowpony. That must be a tiring trip but I see you enjoyed every bit of it. Good luck to the next months of trucking and hauling! And oh, we have a new Gallery so you can post your road pictures any time. Take care.
    Marie

Oh that sounds great! I saw where it was in the making, glad it is ready now...I have some really nice photos to share! I am definitely tired at times but we make a great team and never let the other do too much. Safety is our #1 priority and we have built great relationships with shippers by being on time or early and doing it with safety, integrity, and by the book. We deliver on our promises safely, professionally, and consistently. I am proud to be a woman in the trucking industry, and learn so much from others who have blazed a trail. This forum is superior and a great avenue for us to join together and help one another. Be safe out there all and thanks to everyone for your wisdom and guidance!!!

Awee... I really believe in those three principles: "safety, integrity, and by the book." I'm glad that you are having a great time trucking with the hubby so far so good! The country must be thankful to have awesome truckers like you guys.

And by the way, here's another reply from our facebook fan regarding your problem with the Volvo engine:

Robert Lee Heser: Check you ride hgt in rear air bags

p.s. Don't forget to share your pics.
    Marie

I love this sound,,i love when we accelerate our vehicles as well.but do not avoid the safety and control system and I am glad that you are having a great time trucking with the hubby so far so good.and acceleration makes our engine refresh and better as well as increase performance as well.

Scrubbing noise

Didyou figure your problem out mine is doing the same noise?