Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: I have an Administrative Question for Owner Opwerators

I have an Administrative Question for Owner Opwerators

I am thinking about starting my own business and would like some input.

I have been doing the paperwork for a small company for the past 3 years, I did all the paperwork on getting his MC/ICC numbers as well as created and maintained all files that are required by DOT for auditing. I have also billed and booked loads. Lets just say I've done all the back end work. Now if you are an Owner operator you will agree that it is not easy to find all the information in one place and to keep up on all the files that are required. Oh I have also done the Taxes too!! Now my question to you would be what would you pay someone to keep these files up to date and/or for all paperwork specially made with company logo on it all in one place.

Thanks for your input and help.

Quote Originally Posted by SRAPP View Post
    I am thinking about starting my own business and would like some input.

I have been doing the paperwork for a small company for the past 3 years, I did all the paperwork on getting his MC/ICC numbers as well as created and maintained all files that are required by DOT for auditing. I have also billed and booked loads. Lets just say I've done all the back end work. Now if you are an Owner operator you will agree that it is not easy to find all the information in one place and to keep up on all the files that are required. Oh I have also done the Taxes too!! Now my question to you would be what would you pay someone to keep these files up to date and/or for all paperwork specially made with company logo on it all in one place.

Thanks for your input and help.
    Here's a reply from our facebook fan

SueLena Weaver: "I started work in January for an O/O with a fleet of 4 who had not done his taxes in 7 yrs. I am doing the work you are speaking of as well as sorting through boxes of papers and separating the years to prepare the back taxes and he pays me $750.00 a week."
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Thank you for your input, are you doing all of this from your home or do you go to an office. And I know the back tax deal I did 3 years of them going through piles of papers, receipts cataloging oh boy what fun.

RT Movin' Along bigsemitruckscom's Avatar
    Bookkeepers are an invaluable resource if you truly understand trucking industry needs. Most regular accountants are not that helpful. They don't understand the industry specific needs of a truck owner. Be prepared to learn and adapt. There is a market if you are prepared to stay involved. Good luck.