Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Hello everyone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello everyone.

Hi there. I'm a lady driver, Owner/Operator, small fleet owner. My husband and I have been driving together since 1996. I've been in communications and transportation since I was 18 (the occasional fill in job here and there). I dispatched for many years and always had the itchy feet problem. When I met my husband he talked me into this "team driving" thing and I was hooked. We hauled flat bed for several years up and down the west coast and then got into coast-to-coast expediting. In 2006 my husband got the yen to buy his own truck so we took the leap. We bought a 2000 Western Star 4964EX and drive that truck to this day. We were going to trade her in but when they told us they would give us $8500 for Abigail (the truck) I nearly cried and said no way. We kept her and she is our project truck. We own 4 trucks now and are leased to FedEx Custom Critical's White Glove TVAL division hauling temperature sensitive freight. Love this lifestyle and keep threatening to retire but just can't fathom my life doing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by gearjmr0711 View Post
    Hi there. I'm a lady driver, Owner/Operator, small fleet owner. My husband and I have been driving together since 1996. I've been in communications and transportation since I was 18 (the occasional fill in job here and there). I dispatched for many years and always had the itchy feet problem. When I met my husband he talked me into this "team driving" thing and I was hooked. We hauled flat bed for several years up and down the west coast and then got into coast-to-coast expediting. In 2006 my husband got the yen to buy his own truck so we took the leap. We bought a 2000 Western Star 4964EX and drive that truck to this day. We were going to trade her in but when they told us they would give us $8500 for Abigail (the truck) I nearly cried and said no way. We kept her and she is our project truck. We own 4 trucks now and are leased to FedEx Custom Critical's White Glove TVAL division hauling temperature sensitive freight. Love this lifestyle and keep threatening to retire but just can't fathom my life doing anything else.
    Hello there! Thanks for joining and hope you always have a wonderful time team driving with your hubby.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie