Hey everyone, new here and I have a question. Our shop is closing down and I have been hauling all our equipment to other locations that our company owns. I do not have a hazmat , or Tanker endorsements on my CDL. I have had my CDL since 1995 and only ever driven Car haulers or Flatbeds. I have never received any DOT violations, and I don't want to start.

So here is the issue..... My boss is asking me to haul some "Commonwealth" Di-electric oil out to Ohio. It will be in Eight, 250 gallon plastic Square tanks. First question, is this Di-electric oil a hazardous material? I did look at the MSDS sheet for it and it says that DOT has not ruled on it. A buddy of mine said that is possibly under Class 9 due to it being an "oil". Second question, is it legal for me to carry these tanks in this amount of product in a Box Trailer? I am about to be laid off permanent from this company due to it's closing, I do not want to put my license up for grabs by DOT on this.. I have looked through the DOT regulation page, but as most know, it is very difficult to have anything spelled out clearly or that is "understood" the same by more than two individuals.

Thanks in advance for any answers. They are planning on me heading out on Monday so I appreciate any quick answers.

Be safe

RichM