Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

Thumbs up Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

Just a short note to say hi. I have been driving since 1969, and presently am retired. You see I just loved those trucking programs, songs etc. Although, those trucks in Hawaii, where I grew up, pailed by comparison. Anyway, after High School me and a friend left the isles with the military. He and I served our time and moved into trucking. I needed a job as I now had a wife and kids to support. I watched all these beautiful big trucks, that I drove the freeways with as I changed duty stations. So, once out I needed to make money, so I found a school and the rest is history. My friend and I kept in touch, and I bumped into him on the road on occassion. So in Jan 2013, I chose to take a early retirement, so now I am retired, with the same wife (43 years), four kids and soon to be 6 grandchildren. Anyway, this retirement is driving me crazy, and if I can convince the bride I will return to the road. Although she is not budging, since I told her this is her 20 years now. But, we shall see. I keep in touch with my friend who made this journey with me, you all know him as the Menehune.

Now that I have bored you all to death, let me just say Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Just a short note to say hi. I have been driving since 1969, and presently am retired. You see I just loved those trucking programs, songs etc. Although, those trucks in Hawaii, where I grew up, pailed by comparison. Anyway, after High School me and a friend left the isles with the military. He and I served our time and moved into trucking. I needed a job as I now had a wife and kids to support. I watched all these beautiful big trucks, that I drove the freeways with as I changed duty stations. So, once out I needed to make money, so I found a school and the rest is history. My friend and I kept in touch, and I bumped into him on the road on occassion. So in Jan 2013, I chose to take a early retirement, so now I am retired, with the same wife (43 years), four kids and soon to be 6 grandchildren. Anyway, this retirement is driving me crazy, and if I can convince the bride I will return to the road. Although she is not budging, since I told her this is her 20 years now. But, we shall see. I keep in touch with my friend who made this journey with me, you all know him as the Menehune.

Quite a story, Black Knight. Welcome aboard. Truckers need guys like you and Menehune. Nothing beats experienced truckers. Hope to hear lots of advice from you!
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items

Thanks for joining Black Knight and good luck for making a big comeback on the road!
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Thanks for joining Black Knight and good luck for making a big comeback on the road!
    Thank you Marie and Hapon a-z. Although,Marie, the bride has not budged a inch yet. Cant blame her, as she supported me all the way. Now she is digging in her heals, as she wants me home with her. Why, she would want that is beyond me. But, I am flattered that she does, so unless I can persuade her I suppose I will be home bound.

Thank you Marie and Hapon a-z. Although,Marie, the bride has not budged a inch yet. Cant blame her, as she supported me all the way. Now she is digging in her heals, as she wants me home with her. Why, she would want that is beyond me. But, I am flattered that she does, so unless I can persuade her I suppose I will be home bound.
    Oh I see.. Hmm why don't you convince her to go team-driving with you?
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Oh I see.. Hmm why don't you convince her to go team-driving with you?
    Haven't convinced her since we have been married, 43years. She wanted to stay home and take care of the kids, which I also wanted her to do. She loves being with the kids, and now the grandkids as well. She wants me home to spend the remaining years together. Although she has supported me being on the road, without one complaint, since the begening. She has no interest what-so-ever in driving anything bigger then the family car. She is a bit afraid of heights as well, the the cab is higher then she wants to be. That is a reason as well. Then there is the home we purchased about 4 years ago, which she just adores. Out in the country, deer, squirel, rabbits, etc., roaming through at leasure. Besides being quite and rustic. These are her reasons for sinking her heals in, as well as like she said "I did not complain with you not being around for the last 40 years, but the next 40 years is mine." Like I said, I can understand so I am not taking it too hard, but I have not given up and someday maybe I will wear her down. And then maybe not.