Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: NOOB from Colorado

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool NOOB from Colorado

Howdy from Colorful Colorado!! My name is NHC...yes, I actually answer to that in real life! I'm a former Accountant, CNA (now there was a job!!!) and a soon to -be Class A License holder. Right now, I have about 4 weeks left at AIT Denver (American Institute of Technology) in their "Professional Truck Driver Program".....oh, and great school by the way. I have really enjoyed it so far and my instructors are great!!!)...

I have yet to really choose a company to work for and would appreciate some feedback. So far my pre-hires are through Schneider, Henderson, CR England, May, FFE, Werner and Swift. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I'm mostly interested in an Intermodal or Dedicated. Schneider has an intermodal route open and Henderson has a dedicated (auto parts) route open.

When I'm not learning to drive backwards (LOL!) or scaring my instructors with my wonderful double-clutch downshifting.....heheheee....I'm out riding my Honda VTX 1300....I'm the President of a Ladies Riding Club here in Denver called the Rocky Mountain Asphalt Divas.....I'm also a Navy Veteran (1992-2002) .....

Quote Originally Posted by NHC View Post
    Howdy from Colorful Colorado!! My name is NHC...yes, I actually answer to that in real life! I'm a former Accountant, CNA (now there was a job!!!) and a soon to -be Class A License holder. Right now, I have about 4 weeks left at AIT Denver (American Institute of Technology) in their "Professional Truck Driver Program".....oh, and great school by the way. I have really enjoyed it so far and my instructors are great!!!)...

I have yet to really choose a company to work for and would appreciate some feedback. So far my pre-hires are through Schneider, Henderson, CR England, May, FFE, Werner and Swift. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I'm mostly interested in an Intermodal or Dedicated. Schneider has an intermodal route open and Henderson has a dedicated (auto parts) route open.

When I'm not learning to drive backwards (LOL!) or scaring my instructors with my wonderful double-clutch downshifting.....heheheee....I'm out riding my Honda VTX 1300....I'm the President of a Ladies Riding Club here in Denver called the Rocky Mountain Asphalt Divas.....I'm also a Navy Veteran (1992-2002) .....

Heyy NHC! Welcome and thanks for joining. Riding the Honda VTX sounds exciting.. hehe. I'll try to get feedback form other truckers about preferable Intermodal or Dedicated trucking companies. Good luck!
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Hey NHC! Navy vet here myself (2002 - 2006)! If you want to try something different, but still use your CDL, might I suggest Sperry Rail Services www.sperryrail.com

Like I said, it's different. Driving a hirail truck on the road and on the rails. If you're willing to get dirty and turn a wrench from time to time and drive on the rail, it's a good (and interesting) job, and an outstanding company to work for. I drove for US Xpress for a yeah, and hated it. I've heard from one of the guys I work with that Swift is a terrible company to work for, but that is just one person opinion.

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in with an alternative to OTR trucking. Good luck choosing, there's plenty of options out there.

Welcome to the forum NHC.. Best wishes on your road adventures!!!