Made in America Chrome Stacks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where do you see technology in ten years?

Where do you see technology in ten years?

Technology, without doubt, has evolved significantly over the past decade, especially with the evolution of mobile devices to become what's basically a full computer in your pocket. Keeping up with the latest trends is no easy (or inexpensive) task by any means, but being a huge tech nerd kind of a guy, I love keeping up with trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Apple View Post
    Technology, without doubt, has evolved significantly over the past decade, especially with the evolution of mobile devices to become what's basically a full computer in your pocket. Keeping up with the latest trends is no easy (or inexpensive) task by any means, but being a huge tech nerd kind of a guy, I love keeping up with trends.

Cool, we were just talking about the advantage/disadvantages of ******s in Five Best ******s to Bring on a Trip. Personally, I can see tremendous change of technology in ten years. I mean, a truck driver could expect a lot of ease when it comes to everyday trucking like one time I saw a CAT scale app in mobile *****s. I think this is helpful and im looking forward for more innovations. Do you develop apps, too, Darth-Apple?
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items

I do a lot of web design and programming for things like that, but I've never tried app development yet. I'd like to start sometime in the near future, however.

As a systems administrator, I can really see technology moving more into the mobile market within the next 10 years. A good example of that is **** *****s. As we move forward and technology advances, more and more features are being integrated into *****s. It used to be that we had to have a special piece of software and hardware to track our position on gps (if using a laptop) or a special GPS device. However, with the advancement of smart*****s we can do all that just from our **** *****s. I think it really makes traveling easier. Especially with the widespread access to WiFi.

I agree. I think Technology has already begun to follow this trend, and I'm excited to see what's next. It's quite surprising just how much power can be packed into a handheld device, and I think that gradually mobile devices will even begin to replace laptops and other forms of portable technology. (Probably not completely, but it's no surprise that people doing business from their i*****s has increased dramatically in recent years. )

We are definitely moving at a faster pace. We are moving toward a time when television (probably on demand and streaming via Internet like YouTube), smart *****s, computers, gaming, and the rest of the entertainment industry collide into compact powerful all in one devices. We will ALL be tech loving nerds by nature by then.

I personally think the next biggest breakthrough will be in storage and I look forward to large relatively inexpensive solid state drives storing our data. The thing I am most confused and concerned about is how actually terrible the state of some of our broadband still is in the U.S. Yes it can be wonderful for large corporations with lightning quick high-tech lines but a large portion of the US still has crappy service and slow speeds without options.

I can personally say that broadband still needs much work because my internet is terrible. I think that it goes well beyond just cable providers as well. I think that the **** ***** service still could use much work.

As far as SSD storage, I think that flash has already replaced hard drives in MP3 players, and computers are probably next. I don't think that hard drives will be replaced entirely, but I see more people switching to SSDs as they become cheaper and more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by bullryder13 View Post
    As a systems administrator, I can really see technology moving more into the mobile market within the next 10 years. A good example of that is **** *****s. As we move forward and technology advances, more and more features are being integrated into *****s. It used to be that we had to have a special piece of software and hardware to track our position on gps (if using a laptop) or a special GPS device. However, with the advancement of smart*****s we can do all that just from our **** *****s. I think it really makes traveling easier. Especially with the widespread access to WiFi.
    I agree that we can do almost everything from our **** *****s but for professional truckers, it's a must to use a truck-specific GPS navigator loaded with maps to ensure safety and more options for re-routing. Of course no GPS is perfect but the main feature of it where you can enter a typical set of restrictions for your truck can save you lots of money and can save your life.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Apple View Post
    I can personally say that broadband still needs much work because my internet is terrible. I think that it goes well beyond just cable providers as well. I think that the **** ***** service still could use much work.

As far as SSD storage, I think that flash has already replaced hard drives in MP3 players, and computers are probably next. I don't think that hard drives will be replaced entirely, but I see more people switching to SSDs as they become cheaper and more efficient.
    I think there will need to be a lot of innovation involved in SSD's before they really become the primary storage medium. Right now you are unable to write to an SSD the same way you do a normal hard drive. Writing to an SSD on a continual basis will actually lower the life of the drive. This is why most people that currently use SSD's (myself included) only use them as a boot drive. My operating system is loaded onto the drive but everything else is written onto a normal hard drive that I have set up as my D:\ drive. Since I don't reboot my computer all the time (which can be bad) my SSD doesn't get subjected to the damage of constantly writing. You can read from an SSD without doing much harm but writing is the issue. I think this will be resolved as they grow in popularity but for the time being that's just the way it is.

I think the lower lifespans of SSDs have to be one of the biggest disadvantages to using them. My hope is that technology will eventually evolve so that this isn't an issue. As it stands now, even SD cards only last for a couple of years before they begin to fizzle out.

SSD cached hard drives seem to be becoming more popular. I think we'll be seeing more of those in PCs long before we'll see SSDs being used as the sole form of data storage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast