Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: New to the site AND trucking, so far I LUV IT~~~

New to the site AND trucking, so far I LUV IT~~~

Hi Y'all,
    I just started a new trucking company with my husband. He has been driving 12 years, I have only been in a truck once for 20 minutes hahaha
    This is his dream, and I am all for it. SO he will drive and I will take care of all te business end. I am originally from NY, now in Virginia and Love it! I have been in rock bands all my life, signing and playing keyboard. I raised a family, and now it's time for me. I am looking forward to seeing the country side by side, also finishing my degree online for Marriage Counseling. Have 1 semester left then on to my master's degree, online of course. I am planning to also get my CDL permit and lern to drive our monster hahaha. Our truck is beautiful, the sleeper is rally nice-has the 'work station' I look forward to learning from all of you as we all share our dreams together.
    Be talking to ya
    Patti

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpony View Post
    Hi Y'all,
    I just started a new trucking company with my husband. He has been driving 12 years, I have only been in a truck once for 20 minutes hahaha
    This is his dream, and I am all for it. SO he will drive and I will take care of all te business end. I am originally from NY, now in Virginia and Love it! I have been in rock bands all my life, signing and playing keyboard. I raised a family, and now it's time for me. I am looking forward to seeing the country side by side, also finishing my degree online for Marriage Counseling. Have 1 semester left then on to my master's degree, online of course. I am planning to also get my CDL permit and lern to drive our monster hahaha. Our truck is beautiful, the sleeper is rally nice-has the 'work station' I look forward to learning from all of you as we all share our dreams together.
    Be talking to ya
    Patti
    Hi Patti, welcome to the forum! Nice start right there as a team driver with your hubby. Can't get more exciting than that. I see you've been in rock bands. Tha's really cool. I used to play keyboard in our church though I wasn't that good. lol Anyway, good luck with your degree in Marriage Counseling and in getting your CDL. Hope you can share your everyday trucking experience here as well as post your photos once in a while. Cheers!
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Hi Marie,
    Nice to meet you! I am sure we will have many fun stories to share, we are a couple of crackpots-always making each other laugh. We always have had a great time driving anywhere, in the car, on the boat, the RV, we have a lot of fun stories there I can tell ya sometime hahaha! We thought we might just get an empty trailer and paint the side "Trucker's Counseling" and set up in a parking area and counsel truckers about their relationships! Hahahaha! My smart ***** takes credit cards too LOL! See what I mean, we are too crazy! Heck, maybe we can steer some 'lizards' to a clean life, helping them create a better self esteem and gain self respect. That's a whole other post tho, I feel so sad for these women, they don't know their real true worth, so sad to see it. ANY hoo...once I figure out all the business side to this life, I know it will be cool. I know there will be hard times and great times, but together we will make it work. I am really enjoying reading the forum, and checked out the products as well-cool stuff!! I'll be talking with ya!
    Patti

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpony View Post
    Hi Marie,
    Nice to meet you! I am sure we will have many fun stories to share, we are a couple of crackpots-always making each other laugh. We always have had a great time driving anywhere, in the car, on the boat, the RV, we have a lot of fun stories there I can tell ya sometime hahaha! We thought we might just get an empty trailer and paint the side "Trucker's Counseling" and set up in a parking area and counsel truckers about their relationships! Hahahaha! My smart ***** takes credit cards too LOL! See what I mean, we are too crazy! Heck, maybe we can steer some 'lizards' to a clean life, helping them create a better self esteem and gain self respect. That's a whole other post tho, I feel so sad for these women, they don't know their real true worth, so sad to see it. ANY hoo...once I figure out all the business side to this life, I know it will be cool. I know there will be hard times and great times, but together we will make it work. I am really enjoying reading the forum, and checked out the products as well-cool stuff!! I'll be talking with ya!
    Patti
    Nice to meet you too, Patti! I see that you posted a picture of 'your' truck huh. lol. Was it teal-finished or some kind of blue green color? Anyway, I bet you would do good with the Trucking + Counselling thing. I believe everything just needs an ample experience to be really good at. And truckers and their wives especially those who are in marital issues right now could really use some good advice. For your spare time, check out our facebook page RoadTrucker Inc. and join the community as well. I'm glad you enjoy reading the forum so far. We'll be needing more experienced truckers to answer questions especially from newbies. Way to go, Patti! Keep safe.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie