Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Electronic Logs - The good and the bad...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Electronic Logs - The good and the bad...

Hi all, I was wondering if you could tell me what your favorite e-log programs are & why? Which ones are the worst & why? I'm working for a software company - developing an e-log program, and would like to hear from the users to develop one that works! Would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks so much!!!

I'm also wondering if anyone has had any experience using them cross-border (Canada/US) - and any suggestions for improvements. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
    Hi all, I was wondering if you could tell me what your favorite e-log programs are & why? Which ones are the worst & why? I'm working for a software company - developing an e-log program, and would like to hear from the users to develop one that works! Would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks so much!!!
    Well, do you have any program yet, or are you developing from scratch?
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

HI Project1
    Electronic logs software programs is very beneficial for everyone.No. of e-log software available with different features.to check best performance use free download software which have first some entries free & later fees after use.It allow you to input you log data for electronic logbook record-keeping and compliance purposes. Some will make note of e-log errors and will automatically generate “gotcha” letters, which gives you the opportunity to correct any errors before an enforcement officer does it for you during a roadside inspection or during a D.O.T. compliance review.These are timely and cost efficient distribution.

I have never used elogs, but I drove for a company that dispatched by what you entered in Qualcom as hours left on rest break. I could arrange it to drive daytime only this way. I would start at early AM and park the rig mid afternoon while good parking was still available. I got a lot of good miles, I was never tired, made good time, and never felt that I was driving unsafe. I am told that you can not do this with elogs. So drivers are forced to drive both day and night, drive bone tired, as dictated by dispatch, how safe is that?

As for me, I will stick to my good old comic book. Nothing beats something youre used to over the years. just my two cents
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items