Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Hello to Everyone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello to Everyone

So, I'm new to this forum and contemplating the idea of becoming a truck driver. I am a 47 year young female. Please share any insight you might have for me.

Hi there tamiotr! Just curious, is the 'otr' in your 'tamiotr' means over-the-road? I would say first, you would want to go to 'women-friendly' trucking companies just to be at ease, and don't get hasty about it. Ask around experienced truckers or your close friends if they can recommend some good companies. Do you have a CDL yet? You may need to go to a CDL School especially if you plan to drive tractor-trailers or vehicles exceeding 26,001lbs.

Well, I've checked into lady truck drivers website and a couple of companies are hiring like the USA Truck, ESTES Express Lines, Praxair (Tanker Division​). Here's the link http://www.ladytruckdrivers.com/#!co...ng/galleryPage
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by tamiotr View Post
    So, I'm new to this forum and contemplating the idea of becoming a truck driver. I am a 47 year young female. Please share any insight you might have for me.
    Are you excited about it? You must learn how to drive and operate truck safely, learn the job and the corresponding effects of it especially if you are away from home and you have your own family to support.
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items