Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Fired for positive drug test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fired for positive drug test

I was recently dismissed due to a positive drug test for marijuana. I have 3years experience with no accidents and hit a brick wall with every driver application I file. Do you know of a company that would be willing to take me? How do I get back on the road with this on my record?

Hi, Jason. To be honest, you're chance of getting a driving job is pretty slim even for those really small companies who don't use DAC. Have you considered buying your own truck? Some say the positive drug test disappears from your record (DAC) after seven years. That's a really long time so you might want to look some alternative job like in construction as a labourer.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Blog Entries
    I would have to agree with Marie. Your goose is cooked. At least for awhile. Once you get a CDL and then fail a DOT drug test your employer is actually required by law to notify the DOT. As you probably found, your CDL is suspended and you cannot get it back, unless you go through a DOT certified drug class.

Once you get your CDL back, you may still find it difficult to get a job from a decent company, but you might, as the applications for drivers is down significantly;u and companies are screaming for drivers.

Make sure you wait at least 90 days (just to be safe) before applying for a job. You might fail the hair test that more and more companies are giving, if you do not. That would be a shame.

I am sure I do not need to tell you that it is irresponsible to screw around with drugs, especially if you are a professional driver, so unless you are extremely serious about never touching drugs again, do yourself a favor and get out of Trucking. There are still plenty of jobs available where drug testing is not done, but Trucking is NOT one of them. Good luck.
    Last edited by Admin; 03-29-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    RoadTrucker Inc
    Products for Trucking and Driving Comfort

Tough break..

Hope it all works out for you..

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Heitz View Post
    I was recently dismissed due to a positive drug test for marijuana. I have 3years experience with no accidents and hit a brick wall with every driver application I file. Do you know of a company that would be willing to take me? How do I get back on the road with this on my record?
    i've got a positive drug test from back in 07 but i don't think the company reported it to the DOT plus they have gone out of business, so i don't think it's hurt me real bad if any; but like mentioned above u cooked ur goose. how long ago was it? have u taken a sap program yet? i know of a few companies who may hire u but don't know if they have changed their policies since last i talked with them & that's been quite a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Heitz View Post
    Three years experience and you were still stupid enough to play with drugs? Dont think trucking is the place for you, I hear burger king might be hiring. Dont need a user operating a 80,000 lb rig, where he/she could kill or perminently hurt someone. Just another accident waiting to happen, and another black eye for the trucking industry.