Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Happy International Women's Day!

Happy International Women's Day!

March 8, 2013 - To all our women truckers, Happy International Women's Day! We have every reason to celebrate because looking back on March 19, 1911 when this was first celebrated, it was a time when women were fighting for their right to work, vote, hold public office and end discrimination.

This year's theme commemorates the fight to end violence against women. Some of the best reasons to celebrate are:

1. The education of women is “the single most important determinant” of food security. Educated women increase their spending on household nutrition and the improved health of children.

2. A child born to a mother who can read is 50 percent more likely to survive.
    We want to know YOUR personal reason for commemorating Women’s Day. Share your thoughts in this thread! Cheers!
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

When is international mens day?

Quote Originally Posted by Menehune View Post
    When is international mens day?
    I believe its celebrated every 19th of November.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Ran across this post a little late, but thought I would comment.

Being a man, I do not feel threatened by International Woman's day. I think of my mother and sisters and my wife and the many female friends and acquaintances I have known and am proud to acknowledge woman all over the world for the extraordinary job they have done for our children, as well as our society. Bless you ladies. March 8th is your day.

Just in case we have some limited thinkers, acknowledging woman is not mutually exclusive to acknowledging men. But March 8th is for our woman. Lets honor them. We can honor men on our special day, November 19th.
    Last edited by Admin; 06-22-2013 at 04:32 AM.

[QUOTE

Being a man, I do not feel threatened by International Woman's day. [/QUOTE]

Since no one else brought up being threatened by women's day, why are you bringing it up? Could it be that, since you brought it up, that you DO feel threatened?

hi black knight
    women play important role in every field like political,social,office,home etc.nothing is possible without cooperation of women.women have a big role behind a successful person.women lives in many restrictions but they achieve success in life by doing hard work.international women day is the time to building a world which celebrates women is vital to shifting the global paradigm for women’s equality.we also help them for bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by marksoldtowne View Post
    hi black knight
    women play important role in every field like political,social,office,home etc.nothing is possible without cooperation of women.women have a big role behind a successful person.women lives in many restrictions but they achieve success in life by doing hard work.international women day is the time to building a world which celebrates women is vital to shifting the global paradigm for women’s equality.we also help them for bringing it up.
    Ok, your point? Not that I dont agree with you, just that I dont remember saying anything to the contrary. So, just wondering why the paragraph about women was even necessary?

And in driving trucks .....don't forget >XD