Made in America Chrome Stacks

View Poll Results: WEEKLY POLL: How Do You Use Online Load Boards?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's my primary freight resource

0 0%
  • Occasionally; for return trip from an unfamiliar area

3 50.00%
  • As a way to work directly with good brokers or shippers

1 16.67%
  • To assess lane rates for rate-negotation purposes

2 33.33%
  • Never Used Online Load Boards

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: WEEKLY POLL: How do you use online load boards?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WEEKLY POLL: How do you use online load boards?

Poll to all flatbed truckers, commercial truckers, and haulers. How do you use online load boards or load matching tools? Do you regularly check online to see if there are available loads to pick up?
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Poll to all flatbed truckers, commercial truckers, and haulers. How do you use online load boards or load matching tools? Do you regularly check online to see if there are available loads to pick up?

I look at the boards when I'm parked....My wife and the guy I'm leased to watch them when I'm rolling.
    I look at freight densities in areas that I'm possibly headed into to see if I'm gonna have a hard time getting out of there or not....That and the rate I can negotiate have everything to do with whether I decide take a load or not.

I sometimes find myself driving my Sprinter cross country empty. Coming back from a delivery with nothing inside but a little pile of moving blankets, it seems like a waste. Plus I just know there's somebody out there who'd pay me real money to haul stuff from point a to point b, problem is how do I find that person? I've looked at online "Load boards" but not sure if they deal with an occasional driver like me with no class "A" license. Also concerned about safety, I don't want to end up with a truck load of cocaine. Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing in the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobh15 View Post
    I sometimes find myself driving my Sprinter cross country empty. Coming back from a delivery with nothing inside but a little pile of moving blankets, it seems like a waste. Plus I just know there's somebody out there who'd pay me real money to haul stuff from point a to point b, problem is how do I find that person? I've looked at online "Load boards" but not sure if they deal with an occasional driver like me with no class "A" license. Also concerned about safety, I don't want to end up with a truck load of cocaine. Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing in the U.S.?
    This is very true. It's important to find a legitimate freight resource so as to avoid risk..
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items