Made in America Chrome Stacks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Im am currently in CDL school in West Michigan; My question is

Cool Im am currently in CDL school in West Michigan; My question is

What is the best new driver company to start with?

i've been a driver for 30 years with 4 million miles of safe driving & trained many students... i would like to ask you a simple question first in order to help you, why did you decide to become a driver?? this questio i ask of you will help me give you the answer your looking for..

David, Ive worked in food and beverage for over 17yrs, to be completely honest I need a break from working with the public (in such high volume), my late Papa owned his own trucking company and I have always had a desire to get out on the road myself. I think a regional position would suit me best, I notice there are several companies that offer employment for rookies, what one world you say is the best? 30 years :-) WoW, I could pick your brain for hours, I'm sure you've seen it all. My long term goal is to drive hard for 15 to 20 yrs and retire in Puerta Vallarta. Thanks Bryan

well i will be more than happy to answer anything you ask.the reason i asked you the question i did, was because i've had people and students say i want to be a driver for the great pay! with that kind of answer i tell them to go home now because if your only here for the money your going to fail!!! one must love to drive,and be able to be away from the family, its a good life but it can be a lonely life to. you will make some friends and a few best friends out there too.

now a job and a company?

you might check out Schneider national trucking company, they drive the orange trucks. they offer regional work.

"us express" is another one to look into.

i'm not sure if they hire new students but i have a buddy who works for "TMC" he loves it there and hauls into Michigan everyday and lives in Illinois, the quad city area. and is home every weekend they guarantee you to be home 49 week ends a year unless you ask to be out longer..

stay away from heartland express, werner trucking, crst,& there are more but i'll end it here

and again please ask questions i'll try to answer the best i can.and yes i've seen alot of great things and also many nasty too..

Whatever you do....Stay AWAY from CR England!

Hey, is this the same CR England company who is pushy for training students or rookies? we might as well put a review for other companies at Who are those BAD Trucking Companies? to warn new drivers,
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items

Quote Originally Posted by David Tompkins View Post
    the reason i asked you the question i did, was because i've had people and students say i want to be a driver for the great pay! with that kind of answer i tell them to go home now because if your only here for the money your going to fail!!! one must love to drive,and be able to be away from the family, its a good life but it can be a lonely life to. you will make some friends and a few best friends out there too.
    Very well said, David. Yes, it can be a lonely life, too, since one can barely go home for his family. But with good time management, plus a considerate company, a trucker can make his own life-on-the-road easier.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

that is so very true Marie! trucking has been very good for me. and the companies i've work for were very very into family time and family time..& if you are good to your dispatcher they in return will respect you too

Quote Originally Posted by Bryguy34 View Post
    What is the best new driver company to start with?
    Seems you'd fit in with JBS.

have you looked at Melton Truck Lines?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast