Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Wantabe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wantabe

Is ther anyone out there that I can interview to see if I want to be an over the road trucker?

Welcome to the group Hawkeye! Just post your questions here and anyone with experience will just reply to your post. have a good day!
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items

Quote Originally Posted by Hapon A-z View Post
    Welcome to the group Hawkeye! Just post your questions here and anyone with experience will just reply to your post. have a good day!
    Please describe a typical day in trucking. What do you like most about truckin? What do you like least about trucking? Is their any more training you would recommend for a new dri
    ver?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Please describe a typical day in trucking. What do you like most about truckin? What do you like least about trucking? Is their any more training you would recommend for a new driver?
    I've never been a truck driver myself but from other journals I've read OTR or over-the-road trucking is not a life for everyone. It actually depends on who you are. Some questions you might want to consider first: Is there a need for you to go home on a regular basis? Perhaps a family of your own? Do you have a serious medical condition? Just important matters to think about. Although most OTR drivers prefer team-driving with their wives or other family member.
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

What I like about trucking is seeing the different parts of the country, trying new foods, meeting different types of people I wouldn't otherwise have met. What I like least is the long hours, coffee doesn't do a good job of keeping me awake, and I'm sleepy most of the day. I'm actually more awake at night, I've realized. I don't have family, so I've learned to enjoy my own company. As for training, you can read all the textbooks you want but it is different when you're actually out there. The more you drive, the more experience and knowledge you'll gain. Good luck. You have a long road ahead of you.