Merry Cristmas everyone, I hope you all made it home safe...

I drive otr and have hade my cdl for almost 2 years. I have found my self in many chalenging situations from black ice to white out sand storms.
I hope someone can exsplain why my trailer dropped about 22 inches after I had to force the release bar up. I had a short layover at the jubitz of two days. I recieved orders to drop an hook at home depot distribution center. I do my pre trip and drive to my destination. I drop my empty and
hook to my new trailer. New isn't a good description of this antique great daine but I have a priority load and hook up. My pins are frozen on the sliding tandoms but its nothing new for my company they stopped doing maintanence on the traillers several months ago. I pull forward, then backwards over an over each time checking the pins. I tried w-d40 then a hammer even tried a few choice words I shoulden repeat. This all took about 4 hours. I've had mechanics come out and its a pain takes forever and prefer not to do it.. I get down on my knees put the bar on my shoulder and press up as hard as I can. Well POP it flies loose and drops violently on me leaving a nasty bump...Thank you Joe