Made in America Chrome Stacks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you deal with a 'not-so-good' trucking company?

bad elogs bad

Quote Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
    Bigger paychecks and sleeping when you need the sleep. Doesn't get any better or safer.
    i run elogs and i must say they are not safe at all, i dont sleep well in day time but if you delv in the am and have to wait all day 4 a load and then drive all night becouse your elog says you have the hours then you gotta run, tell dispatch you are tired and i will bet you a weeks pay they will give you lots of rest maybe a day or to or three, i dont agree with elogs and i never will sry drivers but thats just me, give me a loose leaf and ill hammer down at my pace not a dumb computers pace...
    like i said just my opinion

I have to say tho, that electronic logs are better when it comes to compliance purposes. for example, if you take down notes of e-log errors, you will be notified automatically in which you can correct those errors before someone from authority does it during roadside inspections or worse, during DOT compliance review. what do you think guys?
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items

I'm looking to design a "better" e-log system. One that is user-friendly for the drivers, and gives them what they need. Can anyone help with suggestions? What don't you like about ones you have been using?

I think those who wrote and voted for this new regulations, should have to live by them. Bet they would be changed in a hurry. Pretty bad when people who possibly have never been in the cab of any truck are writing laws for those who do. Myself, I say shove the elogs where the sun dont shine, and lets all go back to paper logs. I like them more then that d*** mechine. Just my 2 cents.

Okay, here are some input from our facebook page fans:

Rowdy Anderson - Paper!!!!
    Maureen Fugate - Paper can't get any miles ran on these stupid elogs
    Darlene Doepke - Paper! But I wld rather have ALL drivers take responsibility to know there limitations!!! Strengths and weaknesses... There's too much ego = accidents
    Kathryn Nelson Tracy - We run Drivers Daily Log. Its on the computer but not connected to the truck or QC in any way. Yes, you have to have a printer but it is sooo worth it. DOT takes one look and says "Go away. The computer won't let you make a mistake." Plus, you can read the log! Not advertising for them, just trying to answer the poll question.

Looks like the good ol' comic book is the choice. Anyone there currently using e-logs? What can you say about it?
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

A leading Carrier is installing Cameras and micro*****s inside the cabs. Voice what you think? What's your opinion? They tell us they are not recording all the time, only when you brake hard or the G force starts recording. That a few seconds before the action is recorded that it records in a loop. "Duh", that is recording all the time no matter how you put it. They tell us that a third party will review the recordings. This makes it legal for them to use any private information and make it public. So before you make a move joining one of these companies beware they will be watching every move and recording every word. This is a good how do you deal with this.
    Last edited by Admin; 06-01-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Banned for Rude Attack on RoadTrucker

I personally do not like the idea, if you work as a company driver for one of these companies, your only options would be to go along, quit (my option), or demand extra pay for the intrusion on your privacy. These companies have forgotten why we drive these rigs, to get away from having a boss hovering over you with there micro management and demands. O/O can tell them to take a hike, its there property, but company drivers are stuck or use options stated above. noticed you did not say what companies are doing this, want to share? God bless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FREEBIRD View Post
    A leading Carrier is installing Cameras and micro*****s inside the cabs. Voice what you think? What's your opinion? They tell us they are not recording all the time, only when you brake hard or the G force starts recording. That a few seconds before the action is recorded that it records in a loop. "Duh", that is recording all the time no matter how you put it. They tell us that a third party will review the recordings. This makes it legal for them to use any private information and make it public. So before you make a move joining one of these companies beware they will be watching every move and recording every word. This is a good how do you deal with this.

some replies from facebook fans:

Tracy A Giffin Sr: Not fond of the inside micro*****.
    Pam Mckenzie: I would go work for someone else
    Crimson Trucking: Dash Cams I'm OK with, but forget the cameras and mics. The company may own the truck, but when I'm out there, it's my home. Nobody needs nor has the right to see inside my home when I'm off duty.
    Darlene Doepke: Sheesh no f*****way, ridiculous. Applicable for drivers w/ issues only... If carriers have this kinna $ , invest in ur drivers pay more pm!
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

I would give a lot of credits for this. Thanks a lot for sharing this, some trucking services would annoy me. It probably make me pissed whenever it's not so good. This is really great!

Call 2LM Express LLC. They're a small flatbed company in Millbrook, AL but they're good. Here's the number....334-517-6161. Give them a try. They don't have forced dispatch and they keep you running. Very knowledgeable folks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2