Made in America Chrome Stacks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with a 'not-so-good' trucking company?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do you deal with a 'not-so-good' trucking company?

They say no career choice is 100% perfect. Just like in the trucking industry. There are flaws, and maybe not in the part of truckers, but the trucking company itself. Those companies with a higher turnover rate for drivers should be avoided. Worst is, there are those trucking jobs scams that one must be aware of.

So we want to know your thoughts on how you dealt with bad trucking companies. What has been your experience and personal knowledge of a bad company?

Please share them with fellow truckers here, and maybe save them from going through what you went through. This is actually helpful for new truckers. Thanks!
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

The best companies out there, are the ones that have a good record and doesn't have qual-coms or ELOGS. Ones that still allow you the freedom of loose leaf logs. But hire drivers that are smart enough and safe enough to keep their records clean and their logs at least looking legal just in case of an inspection.

I ran loose leaf's for a long time, and didn't move my truck unless it was up to date.

The only log ticket I've gotten in the last 5 years, was from a city cop (arlington, tx) where I had to park about 2 blocks from my delivery the night before. And was pulled me over right in front of the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
    I ran loose leaf's for a long time, and didn't move my truck unless it was up to date.
    This is one of the best habits for self-discipline that I've ever heard of. Thanks for sharing, coffeepot.
    Marie

I have to say tho, that electronic logs are better when it comes to compliance purposes. for example, if you take down notes of e-log errors, you will be notified automatically in which you can correct those errors before someone from authority does it during roadside inspections or worse, during DOT compliance review. what do you think guys?
    www.TruckingComfort.com
    A Variety of Trucking and Traveling Items

I'm looking to design a "better" e-log system. One that is user-friendly for the drivers, and gives them what they need. Can anyone help with suggestions? What don't you like about ones you have been using?

I think those who wrote and voted for this new regulations, should have to live by them. Bet they would be changed in a hurry. Pretty bad when people who possibly have never been in the cab of any truck are writing laws for those who do. Myself, I say shove the elogs where the sun dont shine, and lets all go back to paper logs. I like them more then that d*** mechine. Just my 2 cents.

Okay, here are some input from our facebook page fans:

Rowdy Anderson - Paper!!!!
    Maureen Fugate - Paper can't get any miles ran on these stupid elogs
    Darlene Doepke - Paper! But I wld rather have ALL drivers take responsibility to know there limitations!!! Strengths and weaknesses... There's too much ego = accidents
    Kathryn Nelson Tracy - We run Drivers Daily Log. Its on the computer but not connected to the truck or QC in any way. Yes, you have to have a printer but it is sooo worth it. DOT takes one look and says "Go away. The computer won't let you make a mistake." Plus, you can read the log! Not advertising for them, just trying to answer the poll question.

Looks like the good ol' comic book is the choice. Anyone there currently using e-logs? What can you say about it?
    Marie

Running looseleaf logs, you can drive when your awake and sleep when you're sleepy. It doesn't get any safer than that.
    I've ran both, and found that using elogs, I drove more sleepy more times.
    The politics of this issue depends on how brainwashed you may be.
    Cops, politicians and safety dept. bullies will only make you think that elogs make the roads safe. I've never seen a cop, politician or a safety guy drive a truck. But I have seen several drivers on elogs, Y.W.D. (yawning while driving)

You're talking about the EOBRs, right? the electronic on-board recording. If I'm right, it would take you several minutes if you use loose leaf's than using elogs. I mean elogs is a lot faster because its digital. But as far as time and accuracy are concerned, don't you think that using elogs is more convenient?
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    You're talking about the EOBRs, right? the electronic on-board recording. If I'm right, it would take you several minutes if you use loose leaf's than using elogs. I mean elogs is a lot faster because its digital. But as far as time and accuracy are concerned, don't you think that using elogs is more convenient?
    Not at all. Not if I'm forced to take a 10hr break when I'm not tired or sleepy. Sure they may save you a few minutes during the day. But loose leaf will save you hours upon hours by the end if the week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast