Made in America Chrome Stacks

Thread: Strictly NO Advertising

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Strictly NO Advertising

The RoadTrucker Trucking Forum strictly prohibits advertising, especially in the form of links, and/or unoriginal and duplicate content. The forum is a venue where truckers and RVers share insights with each other, so advertising of products and services in posts is regarded as inappropriate.

However, RoadTrucker provides a suitable area for a signature, after you have made 5 posts. We do expect the signature to be tastefully done. The purpose should not be to attract attention, nor to sell a product or service, but more so to make a statement about who you are. We recommend using 2 lines. The first should be a link to your website, while the second should be a short tagline.

For example, take a look at what the Admin has done with his signature. It says "RoadTrucker Inc" which if you click it, you will be taken to RoadTrucker.com website. Underneath, there is a tagline about RoadTrucker. Here it is.

RoadTrucker Inc
    Products for Trucking and Driving Comfort

Notice also, that his signature is nowhere to be found in any of his posts, plus, he posts valuable information that truckers would find useful.

When you reach five (5) or more posts, you will be promoted to the "Acknowledged Users" group. This will give you the benefit of creating a signature for others to see.

How will my Signature Appear?
    - Your signature can be a favorite saying or a motto that describes you and your outlook in life.
    - It can also be a link to your website, social site, or other organizations.

How Can I Create a Signature? (Maximum of 120 characters for text)
    - After you log in, click Settings located above the header.
    - Click Edit Signature under My Settings which is located on the left side menu.
    - Type your desired signature in the box provided. Use the Editor tools to customize your signature.
    - You may click Preview Signature, and then Save Signature.

rel="nofollow" is automatically added to all links. This means that any link will not be followed by Google, so trying to use the forum in an effort to get link juice for your website will be a waste of time. Notice we do not add a ton of advertisements like most forums, so we do not want you adding your advertising. You may see 1 banner at the top and 1 banner at the bottom. The forum is a small thank you gift for our customers, as well as our truckers and RVers.

For those who make a significant contribution over time, and write an original and exceptional article, we will remove the nofollow, as an added benefit.
    Last edited by Admin; 06-11-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: minor error
    Drive Carefully & Come Home Safe
    Marie

I would like to ask if it acceptable to post a gofund me page for a trucker's wife. My daughter's husband died of a heart attack on the job three weeks ago, he was 33, and only a month on the new job. He left behind 4 children aged 9,4,3 and 2, and the family is in desperate need of help. It was suggested to me that I might appeal to the trucking community, but I see that this site is very particular about what can and can't be posted, so I am asking if it would be okay. Thank - you so much. Noreen Townsend

Blog Entries
    We have a section for helping Truckers, called Community Service and Charity. See it under, the main section called, Let's Talk About Trucking Lifestyle. We also post items like this on our Facebook page which reaches 1800 plus Truckers. Admin
    RoadTrucker Inc

Hi. Great forum. Are you allowed to post a link to an article that is relevant to the discussion and would help answer the OP's question?

Blog Entries
    Hi Bob.
    Too many spammers try to post links to articles on new websites, that really are not authorities and generally have little to no traffic.

We would prefer you give your thoughts, rather than someone else's.

Welcome to the RoadTrucker forum. Admin
    RoadTrucker Inc

Hello Admin,

I'm a former trucker, currently working on a product for truck drivers. The idea came from my own experience and I'm trying to see if there are other truckers who would find it useful and if it's warranted to make it into an actual product. I've set up a simple google site with the description of the product and a short survey basically asking if people want that product to be made.

Is there a place on this forum, where it would be appropriate for me to post about the idea along the link to the survey?

I'm not a business yet, I've got nothing to sell at the moment. It is strictly market research.

Thank you,
    -Natalia