Made in America Chrome Stacks

View RSS Feed

Glynn

What Is Success and What Are The Primary Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
My guess is that I will get as many definitions of success as it applies to life as…

the number of individuals choosing to provide a response and more will include the first definition of “success” provided by Webster’s Dictionary below.

Merriam Webster defines “ success” as: (1) the fact of getting or achieving wealth, respect, or fame; (2) the correct or desired result of an attempt; (3) someone or something that is successful and (4) a person or thing that succeeds.
I don’t disagree with the above definition, but believe that a successful life involves a lot more than included in the definitions of success listed above.

Think about your definition of success as it applies to an individual’s life, especially the lives of entrepreneurs. I will share my thoughts on success later.

Thomas Edison failed thousands of times before he invented the incandescent light bulb. Abraham Lincoln, one of our most respected Presidents, was far from successful as an attorney or anything else he tried until he was elected President.

Albert Einstein didn’t speak until the age of four and was not good at mathematics. Ben Franklin was forced to drop out of school when he was ten years old to help his father, a candle maker. His brother would often beat him when he didn’t meet his expectations. Ben eventually left home and arrived in Philadelphia in shabby clothes with three pennies in his pocket. What did this self-taught scientist and inventor teach us about compound interest?

Bethany Hamilton had her arm bitten off by a shark at the age of thirteen. She was back on a surfboard one month later and two years later won first place in the Explorer Wellness Division of the NSSA National Championships.

Truett Cathy, founder of Chic-fil-A grew up in a one-bathroom boarding house. He and his brother chose to begin a business together. They agreed on the restaurant business when a local restaurant franchiser offered to set each of them up as managers in one of her franchised restaurants. She tried to make them both managers of the same location rather than separate locations as promised. Because of this and other restraints they decided to bail out. The brothers eventually opened their own restaurant. Truitt’s brother was killed in a private plane accident, but he persevered and expanded to two restaurants. One burned and was under insured. The idea of Chic-fil-A had not been conceived at this time.

Even Bill Gates, co- founder of Microsoft, failed at his first business.

So what is my point?

Each of these individuals had a common and obvious characteristic; they never gave up. However, there is another very important common denominator?

What do you think it is?

I'll share my definition of success in life and the other common denominator or shared characteristic of successful entrepreneurs in my next post.

Please share your definition of success in life?

What you think the other characteristic found in each of the above successful entrepreneurs is?

Join me on Motivation Here, my motivational book reading call Monday-Thursday!
http://www.motivationhere.com/

Submit "What Is Success and What Are The Primary Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs" to Digg Submit "What Is Success and What Are The Primary Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs" to del.icio.us Submit "What Is Success and What Are The Primary Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs" to StumbleUpon Submit "What Is Success and What Are The Primary Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs" to Google

Updated 03-23-2015 at 04:30 PM by Admin

Categories
Thoughts and Inspiration

Comments

If you are happy, your successful. If you not happy, accomplishing goals doesn't mean your successful. It only means you accomplished your goals. To accomplish your goals you need to set specific goals, then plan on how and when to reach them , then see them being accomplished, then work for them until you accomplish them. Stay positive.
    For me, Success is about continue doing what we need to accomplished despite of trials that come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunTruckin
    If you are happy, your successful. If you not happy, accomplishing goals doesn't mean your successful. It only means you accomplished your goals. To accomplish your goals you need to set specific goals, then plan on how and when to reach them , then see them being accomplished, then work for them until you accomplish them. Stay positive.

I agree with everything you said, but I believe true success includes far more. I'll be posting the second blog on the subject soon. Give it a little more thought. What factors influences success in life besides setting goals, establishing time sensitive action steps, taking action while being positive and staying happy. Can we always be happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Franchesca
    For me, Success is about continue doing what we need to accomplished despite of trials that come up.
    n Trucking

I agree Franchesca, but ...

as I stated in my response to Fun Trucking's comment, I believe true and sustained success is far more encompassing.
    You do your best, work hard, believe in yourself, that you can accomplish your limits and have a big dream of what you want to achieve.
    Updated 03-27-2015 at 03:04 AM by Admin
    Hi Ben. Thanks for your response. You are right on the money with everything you mentioned, but there is more to enjoying sustained success or what I refer to as All-Encompassing Success. I will post part two of my blog post,What Is Success and What Are The Primary Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs in the next few days.

GPS: Truck Routes | Rand McNally | Garmin | Cobra