Made in America Chrome Stacks

View RSS Feed

Marie

1. Trucker Song

Originally posted by Olympia1 in the Articles section.

Well, I don't drive trucks, but I do get a chance to stop over at the local Pilot Truck Stop for coffee occasionally.

I get my coffee, and go out to the back of the Pilot Truck Stop and watch the truck action and sometimes chat with a driver or two.

These guys and gals that hop down out of the cabs just amaze me. I often wonder where they've been and where they're goin'.

Being an old
    Categories
    General
  2. Tobacco and Cigarette Maker: SMOKE Fresh and Pay Less!

If you have a pack of cigarettes right now, I want you to take a look at it. Then ask yourself, "Am I spending too much for my cigarettes?" If so, take a minute and multiply, the cost for that pack times the number of packs you smoke in a month.

For example, if you smoke 1 pack a day and you purchase your cigarettes for $6 per pack, (the average cost in the US), you spend approximately 30 x $6 = $180 each month, or about $2,160 each year. If you are buying in New York, the cost is

Updated 01-06-2017 at 11:00 AM by Admin

Categories
    Products and Services
  3. What to Expect on Your 1st Year as a Trucker

So you guys are coming out there, fresh and new, with your license, going to a trucking school. One thing's for sure: Your first year is going to be the absolute worst year. The trainers and the company are going to test you and see what you are really made of.

Assuming that you just got your license, just got out of trucking school, and you're going out for your first job. The thing is, 10% of you are lucky enough to find a job with a mom and pop operation/business; 90% are gonna ...
    Categories
    Trucking
  4. How to: Burn Safely this Winter

As temperature drops, we love to stay in fireplaces to stay warm and provide heat in our homes. Wood fires can keep indoors warm and cozy, but they can also cause harm to the environment.

According to the Environmental protection Agency (EPA), wood smoke is made up of a mixture of gases and fire particle pollution that isn’t healthy to breathe indoors or out. It can also cause young children, the elderly, or anyone with low immune system with a heart or respiratory illness.
    Tags: tips
    Categories
    General
  5. Random Tips for an Early Morning Work

Truckers' hours of duty vary and most of the drivers have pre-trips in the early wee hours of the morning. So I have here just random tips for those of you who are early birds..

1. Working in the dark - for the flatbed guys who do untarping and unstrapping before the light seeps in, you can use a head lamp so both of your hands are free to work See image below:

roadtrucker-forum-blog-head-lamp.jpg

It's a little piece, very light and useful. You can work faster ...
    Categories
    Trucking
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

GPS: Truck Routes | Rand McNally | Garmin | Cobra